Course Content and Outcome Guide for CAS 151
- Posted by:
- Djambel Unkov
- Course Number:
- CAS 151
- Course Title:
- Microsoft Outlook
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces the basic features of Microsoft Outlook to send and receive e-mail, organize schedules and events, and maintain Contacts lists, to-do lists, and tasks. Emphasizes the Outlook skills necessary in business environments. Recommended: Placement into RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion of this course, student will be able to:
1. Use Microsoft Outlook to electronically communicate in a personal and/or business environment following current professional and/or industry standards.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
This is a Pass/No Pass course. Evaluation will be issued for this
course based upon:
• Completion of all assignments.
• Completion of project(s) developed individually or as part of a
• May also include objective examinations or other assessment
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
• Use the Calendar to schedule and edit appointments and meetings. • Manage Calendar options. • Manage Contacts and customize business cards. • Create and assign Tasks. • Customize Archive features. • Other related topics.
• Use the Calendar to schedule and edit appointments and
• Manage Calendar options.
• Manage Contacts and customize business cards.
• Create and assign Tasks.
• Customize Archive features.
• Other related topics.
• Customization of Microsoft Outlook
• Contacts/Business Cards
• Meeting and Task Management
• Customize appearance of Microsoft Outlook.
• Use e-mail to send, open, print, reply, auto-reply, and delete
• Manage and customize e-mail and add attachments.