Course Content and Outcome Guide for CAS 110
- Posted by:
- Gregory Kerr
- Course Number:
- CAS 110
- Course Title:
- Intro to Web Graphic-Fireworks
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces the basic features of Adobe Fireworks. Includes basic drawing and photo manipulation tools and creation of graphics for websites. Recommended: CAS 111D or CAS 111E or CAS 206 or equivalent; placement into RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion of this course, student will be able to:
1. Use Adobe Fireworks to create web graphics following current professional and/or industry standards.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
This is a Pass/No Pass course with a letter grade option. Students may change to the letter grade option through MyPCC. Students must choose before the completion of 80% of the class.
A grade will be issued based on:
- Web pages produced by Adobe Fireworks will be evaluated after they are posted on a web server.
- Tests or quizzes
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Manipulate simple graphics
- Understand differences between .gif, .jpg and .png graphics
- Graphics terminology
- Drawing, painting and photo manipulation tools
- Grouping and ungrouping objects in an image
- Copyright issues related to Internet graphics
- Inserting graphics into web pages
- Bit-map/vector graphics comparisons and contrast
- Insert an image on a web page
- Upload a web page containing an image to a server