Course Content and Outcome Guide for CAS 106
- Course Number:
- CAS 106
- Course Title:
- Introduction to HTML
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces basic concepts of creating simple web pages with HTML. Develops knowledge of working with HTML tags using a text editor, and file transfer Protocol (FTP) using an FTP application. Recommended: Placement into RD 115 and WR 115; CAS 103 or CAS 133 or equivalent file management experience. Note: Students pursuing a web certificate or degree should take CAS 206 or CAS 111D instead. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion of this course, student will be able to:
- Use knowledge of HTML code and an HTML editor to create a simple personal and/or business website following current professional and/or industry standards.
- Use a stand-alone FTP program to upload files to a web server.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Students will be issued a Pass/No Pass grade. Assessments may include:
- Web pages produced by a text editor will be evaluated after they are posted on a web server.
- Tests or quizzes
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Web site, X/HTML and server terminology
- Coding standards
- Design issues
- X/HTML markup language
- Basic internal CSS
- Text formatting
- Publishing (uploading) web pages
- File management
- May also include additional X/HTML tags and concepts as time permits