Course Content and Outcome Guide for CAS 103 Effective Winter 2016
- Course Number:
- CAS 103
- Course Title:
- Introduction to Windows
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces the Microsoft Windows operating system on personal computers. Includes file management, basic word processing, accessories, and introduction to the PCC portal. Recommended: Placement into RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion of this course, student will be able to:
1. Use file management skills to organize and maintain files on a computer.
2. Use a Windows-based operating system to perform basic computer tasks.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
This is a Pass/No Pass course with a letter grade option. Students may change to the letter grade option through MyPCC. Students must choose before the completion of 80% of the class.
A grade will be issued based on:
- Completion of all assigned units.
- Completion of a File Management Performance Test.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, Concepts, Issues
- Computer and Operating System Terminology
- Navigation skills
- File Management
- Introduction to the PCC Portal
- Introduce the Windows Interface
- File management, including search, sort, copy, move, delete, rename, and create files and folders
- File management hierarchy and use of Computer function
- Save and Save As
- Navigation skills, including mouse, gestures or other selecting tools
- Help features
- Interface personalization
- Other related topics