Course Content and Outcome Guide for BCT 280A
- Course Number:
- BCT 280A
- Course Title:
- CE: Building Construction
- Credit Hours:
- 1 TO 12
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionOn-the-job training at a department-designated worksite, giving students experience in real work conditions and helping determine career choices. Department permission required.
Addendum to Course Description
Credits are determined by the total clock hours the student spends at an approved cooperative education work site.
Students must meet with an instructor prior to entering the program.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Function safely and effectively on a building construction job site
- Demonstrate professional work ethics (habits)
- Apply classroom skills to a variety of construction situations
- Appraise learned skills by providing a weekly written report
- Become familiar with employer expectations
- Use critical thinking skills to evaluate prospective employers