- Course Number:
- BCT 209
- Course Title:
- CAD for Constructors II
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionExplores and expands on the study of CAD based software. Covers file management, drawing tools and rendering methods used to create orthogonal project documents. Introduces software used in the construction industry for construction documents and active project management. Prerequisites: BCT 105 or instructor permission. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Draw intermediate level construction drawings using CAD software.
- File manage basic construction drawings using CAD software.
- Distribute construction drawings to appropriate parties and manage revisions to drawings as required due to Requests for Information and Change Orders.
Course Activities and Design
- Computer skills
- Critical thinking
- Computer vocabulary
- Architectural vocabulary
- Computer shortcuts Construction mathematics
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Students will draw construction drawings from information provided by the instructor
- Students will plot drawings they have created or modified
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Document file management
- Intermediate drafting skills and professional document preparation
- Revisions protocols for construction drawings
- Shop drawings development and distribution