Course Content and Outcome Guide for BCT 132
- Posted by:
- Curriculum Office
- Course Number:
- BCT 132
- Course Title:
- Computer App for Construction
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionCovers information generation, processing, distribution and utilization for the management of construction projects and construction companies. Emphasizes the design of the information process, the role of information technology in construction, software selection and the ongoing evaluation of the efficiency and effectiveness of the information process.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Engineer the process of how information flows within construction companies and projects and understand how software applications can assist.
- Have reasonable expectations and know what computer skills are needed for a chosen career, and how to gain them.
- Be able to research and select appropriate software applications.
- Be able to implement the software application and evaluate the implementation.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Individually interview a professional who currently uses computer software using questions developed by the student.
- In teams, develop criteria for the selection of an application for a business function.
- Individually use the criteria to research a specific software application and present it to their team.
- In teams, present findings and recommendations as part of a class presentation.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, issues and concepts
4. Bid solicitation
5. Project Administration
7. General Office Applications:
8. Word Processing
12. Presentation Software
13. Specialty Applications:
16. Leads Software
17. Company Web Sites
20. Process Design
27. Critical Thinking
28. Computer Skills
30. Learning How to Learn