Course Content and Outcome Guide for BCT 127
- Course Number:
- BCT 127
- Course Title:
- Residential Concrete
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionCovers residential concrete construction, including layout, footings, foundation walls, slabs, stairs, and the handling and curing of concrete. Explore and use different forming methods and materials to erect a concrete foundation. Prerequisite: BCT 106 or instructor permission. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Lay out a building site
- Construct forms for footings, foundations, and flatwork
- Pour and finish footings, foundations, and flatwork
- Stamp and color decorative concrete
Outcome Assessment StrategiesLearners will individually demonstrate the understanding of basic concepts in residential concrete construction by the following:
1. Collaboratively complete the various hands on field projects.
2. Satisfactorily complete individual classroom concrete estimating projects.
3. Learners will display their skills by individually completing two mastery projects.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)