Course Content and Outcome Guide for BCT 102
- Posted by:
- Curriculum Office
- Course Number:
- BCT 102
- Course Title:
- Residential Printreading
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionCovers a collaborative learning framework for the development of print reading skills related to residential building construction. Includes analyzing, interpreting, and measuring plans for relevant construction information. Covers work limited to residential prints. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
- Assess and navigate plans and specifications for adequate and/or accurate information.
- Effectively communicate within a construction team issues regarding problems found in residential plans utilizing proper terminology.
- Read and interpret architectural prints for residential building tasks, including project planning, material identification and assembly.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Complete 5 “ Discovery Projects” in which learners will work collaboratively to answer questions, assemble a list of material and write an RFI concerning blueprints provided by instructor.
- Sketch a complete plan view and either an elevation, section or detail of a room chosen by learners.
- Successfully complete two “Mastery Projects” which will represent the culmination of the concepts, principles, and strategies necessary to achieve the course outcomes. Learners will independently analyze and evaluate plans for construction information and clearly document their findings.