Course Content and Outcome Guide for AVS 221
- Posted by:
- Curriculum Office
- Course Number:
- AVS 221
- Course Title:
- Airplane: Complex Airplanes
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionAirplane: Complex Airplanes Introduction to the operation of single-engine airplanes with retractable landing gear and constant-speed propellers. Emphasis on checklist usage and systems management. Flight training fees apply and cover a specific amount of training; please see the Course Curriculum and Outcome Guide for detailed information. The AVS 221, 222, 223, 224 sequence is an alternative equivalent to AVS 225. Coreq: AVS 207. Prerequisite: AVS 143 or AVS 145.
Addendum to Course Description
1 hrs C152 Solo
6 hrs C172RG Dual
2 hrs pre/post flight briefing
Training in excess of these times must be paid for directly to the flight
Intended Outcomes for the course
1. Describe the function of a retractable landing gear system.
2. Describe the function of a constant-speed propeller system.
3. Operate a high-performance aircraft engine and complex aircraft systems in a safe and economical manner.
4. Use procedural checklists in a safe and efficient manner.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Flight, oral and written testing will be used to asses these outcomes.