Course Content and Outcome Guide for AVS 153
- Posted by:
- Curriculum Office
- Course Number:
- AVS 153
- Course Title:
- Helicopter: Comm Basc Practice
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionHelicopter: Commercial Basic Practice Provides the opportunity for additional instruction in the basic commercial maneuvers as well as additional solo practice. Flight training fees apply and cover a specific amount of training; please see the Course Curriculum and Outcome Guide for detailed information. The AVS 151, 152, 153 sequence is an alternative equivalent to AVS 155. Coreq: AVS 107. Prerequisite: AVS 152.
Addendum to Course Description
15 hrs R22 Dual
5 hrs R22 Solo
2.5 hrs pre/post flight briefing
Training in excess of these times must be paid for directly to the
flight training provider.
Intended Outcomes for the course
1. Perform maximum performance takeoffs, steep approaches and slope landings with no instructor assistance.
2. Plan and execute an assigned cross-country flight to commercial pilot standards.
3. Approach cross-country flights with confidence and authority.
4. Maintain contingency plans and a high level of situational awareness during cross-country flights.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Flight, oral and written testing will be used to asses these outcomes.