Course Content and Outcome Guide for ARCH 161
- Course Number:
- ARCH 161
- Course Title:
- Residential Print Reading
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces methods to identify, communicate and apply information found on typical residential construction drawings. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
Intended Outcomes for the course
Identify, communicate and apply information found on typical residential construction drawings.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Participation in class work sessions and class discussions.
- Proper and timely completion of class projects, which demonstrate effective use of knowledge.
- Evaluation procedures will be presented at the first class meeting. Student grades will be based on satisfactory completion of a series of written competency tests.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Lecture/discussion and lab sessions will be the instructional methods used in this course and will provide the student with the background information necessary to complete the homework assignments.
- Organization of architectural construction drawings
- Line work, Symbols and abbreviations used on construction drawings
- Reading trade information
- Line work and symbols used to indicate mechanical information
- Line work and symbols used to indicate electrical information
- Line work and symbols used to indicate plumbing information