Course Content and Outcome Guide for ARCH 113
- Posted by:
- Curriculum Office
- Course Number:
- ARCH 113
- Course Title:
- Site Planning
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionSite Planning Covers site development, including surveying existing grades, locating existing and future buildings, driveways erosion control, storm water management and drawing site plans. Prerequisite: ARCH 110, (ARCH 126 or ID 125) Recommend: ARCH 121, 124.
Addendum to Course Description
Intended Outcomes for the course
Interpret information obtained from site plan drawings and apply to design projects.
Construct site plan drawings using raw site information and site survey data.
Apply basic concepts of site water management and erosion control and communicate strategies and requirements to clients and consultants.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Participation in studio work sessions, class discussions and critiques.
- Proper and timely completion of class projects, which demonstrate effective use of knowledge.
- Evaluation procedures will be presented at the first class meeting. Student grades will be based on satisfactory completion of assigned projects.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Legal restraints that may affect a design
- Maps pertaining to a site
- Components of a complete legal description of a site
- Potential users of a site
- Potential activity areas on a site
- Accuracy of available topographical maps
- Physical features possible on a site
- Physical features adjacent a site
- Potential solutions for activity area requirements
- Comprehensive design schemes for a site
SITE PLAN DEVELOPMENT SITE SURVEYING
SITE PLAN DEVELOPMENT