Course Content and Outcome Guide for APR 227 Effective Winter 2016
- Course Number:
- APR 227
- Course Title:
- NEC Review and Exam Preparation
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionAssists and prepares the Electrical Professional and the Electrical Apprentice to take State of Oregon Electrical Licensing Examinations. Includes use of the National Electrical Code, Oregon Electrical Specialty Codes, and applicable Oregon Administrative Rules. Includes electrical calculations applicable to an examination and to the workplace. Recommended: WR 115, RD 115, and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores.
Intended Outcomes for the course
· Prepare for and take State of Oregon Electrical Licensing Examinations for persons who have been referred for examination by the state.
· Efficiently navigate the National Electrical Code Book, Oregon Specialty Electrical Code Book, and Oregon Administrative Rules when applicable in a licensing examination setting.
· Perform a range of electrical calculations in a licensing examination setting.
Course Activities and Design
· Organize the National Electrical Code Book and other code books using a system of page tabs.
· Take practice examinations that require efficient use Code Book navigation.
· Lecture on how different Code Books are organized.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment will be accomplished by applicable practice examinations.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
· Determine applicable code articles from applicable Code Books.
· Determine organization of Code Books and articles
· Practice electrical calculations related to the testing process.