Course Content and Outcome Guide for APR 104
- Posted by:
- Katrina Cloud
- Course Number:
- APR 104
- Course Title:
- LME: Luminaries & Equipment
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionLME: Luminaries & Equipment Introduces lighting fundamentals and their application in the industrial environment. Also covers fuses, receptacles, wiring methods, blueprints, batteries and some solid state components related to their use. Prerequisites: APR 103 or TE 9633.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Intended Outcomes for the Course:
- Use lighting fundamentals, battery theory, trade-specific math, NEC rules for fuses and receptacles to discuss, explain, install, and repair electrical devices in the workplace.
- Operate PLC's according to trade-specific applications and methodology.*
- Draw and interpret industrial blueprints and schematics.*
- Use test equipment to make electrical measurements.*
- Demonstrate appropriate use and care of trade-specific equipment.*
- Describe various troubleshooting techniques for trade-specific equipment.*
- Demonstrate safe working conditions in accordance with state and federal regulations. *
* required for statewide Apprenticeship degree
Course Activities and Design
This course will be presented by means of lectures and homework.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Procedures will be discussed at the first class session and the instructor's grading policy will be referenced on the class syllabus.
A Pass - No/Pass grading option is not available for any APR (Apprenticeship) course.