- Course Number:
- APR 100
- Course Title:
- Exploring Trades & Apprenticeship
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionExplores career opportunities within the Trades. Includes traditional careers and new opportunities in fields such as Renewable Energy and Sustainability. Introduces resources for assisting students in identifying skills needed to succeed in these fields. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Demonstrate knowledge of Facilities Maintenance Technology
- Be familiar with the role of the technician in several trades
- Explain concepts and application of Green technologies
- Describe job roles in the Trades and the connections between trade occupations
- Identify and describe operation of basic mechanical system components
Course Activities and Design
Class activities are lecture, lab and discussion.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Procedures will be discussed at the first class session and the instructor's grading policy will be handed out with the other class materials.