- Course Number:
- AD 270A
- Course Title:
- Practicum: Addiction
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionProvides clinical educational experience in an addiction treatment or DUII educational facility under the supervision of personnel who meet ACCBO requirements. Provides the opportunity to meet the ACCBO work experience requirements. Prerequisites: AD 102, AD 152, AD 153, AD 154, AD 155, AD 156, AD 157, AD 278, MP 150. Corequisites: AD 270B.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
1. Follow established professional addiction counseling standards and clinical procedures to
conduct intake assessments and evaluations and cofacilitate addiction treatment groups in a
2. Follow established professional addiction counseling standards to perform case management
functions and record keeping obligations in an addiction specific clinical setting.
3. Develop and deliver educational presentations for clients and their families in an addiction
specific clinical setting.
4. Participate as a contributory team member in staff meetings in an addiction specific
5. Effectively utilize clinical supervision to hone and further develop their addiction specific
Outcome Assessment Strategies
The end of the term evaluation process will involve a written evaluation and a conference with the student, the onsite supervisor and the PCC assigned personnel.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
The student will complete 100% of their activities at the field placement site. Each site is pre-approved by the Alcohol and Drug Counselor Department. Each site will provide an onsite supervisor who will oversee the day to day activities of the student. PCC personnel (instructor of record or an assigned academic professional) will complete an Objectives for Practicum Placement contract at the start of each practicum and an end of the term evaluation process that includes the student and their onsite supervisor.