Pathways: VESL Entry-Level High Tech Skills Training - SUSPENDED
This 7-week vocational skills training prepares non-native English speakers for entry level jobs in the high tech manufacturing industry. The class focuses on general knowledge of the high tech industry, quality concepts, 20 hours of hands-on soldering training, and company tours.
The class also includes job readiness and job search components. After the training, students will continue to meet in a group to discuss job leads and for job search assistance.
Students need to have intermediate to high English language skills to be successful in this class; a CASAS English Language test will be given. Excellent attendance is required.
- Conveniently located: PCC Willow Creek Center
- Classes start soon: TBD
Learn more: Download a printable flyer in English.
- Training on the State of Oregon Eligible Training Provider list.
- Includes classroom instruction, 20-hours of soldering training, job search and placement services.
- Offered in partnership with the Electronic Manufacturing Consortium featuring four local Washington County companies.
Cost of Training
Tuition and Books: Total Cost* TBD
Scholarships available to DWP and One-Stop participants in Multnomah and Washington Counties.
Classroom: 28 hours per week
A total of 160 hours of training includes:
- Overview of the High Tech Industry
- High Tech company tours
- Workplace communication
- Safety on the job
- Introduction to Component Identification
- 20 hours of hands-on soldering training
- Quality Systems-Lean manufacturing
- Job readiness
- Job applications, resumes, cover letters, interview practice, mock interviews
- Individualized one-on-one assistance in job search
What should I do next to get into the training?
- For program information or for information on upcoming trainings, contact Cortney Nylen.