Pathways: Microelectronics Technology
This two-term training program is designed for students pursuing entry level work in the semiconductor industry. Semiconductor manufacturing technicians work in clean room environments to process wafers, maintain equipment, and monitor manufacturing processes.
Most courses are arranged to accommodate “compressed work week? schedules. The target wage for entry-level positions in Oregon is $10-$12 per hour. Skills gained in this course can lead to various jobs in the semiconductor industry and serve as solid preparation for the PCC Microelectronics Associate of Applied Science Degree.
- Classes start soon:
- View our upcoming training schedules.
- Learn more:
- Download a printable flyer.
- This training is on the State of Oregon Eligible Training Providers list.
- Students earn college credit that may be applicable to the PCC Microelectronics Associate of Applied Science degree programs.
- Attend a free workshop to prepare to take the placement exam. Please see the schedule here.
Cost of Training
|Tuition , Fees||$1,800.00|
Total Estimated Cost: $2,500
Note: The figures above are approximations and subject to change without notice.
- Students must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Complete a college placement exam (results of the exam should place students into Writing 115, Math 65 or 70) at a PCC Testing Center.
Course of Study
**courses will vary depending on placement results and previous completed coursework.
|Course Number||Course Name||Credits|
|MT 110||Intro to Microelectronics and Nano Technology||3|
|CH 100||Fund for Chemistry||4|
|WR 115||Intro to Expository Writing**||3|
|MTH 65||Introductory Algebra or higher**||4|
|Total Credits (Term 1)||14|
|MT 101||Introduction to Semiconductor Manufacturing||1|
|MT 90||Basic Electronics||3|
|MT 121||Digital Systems||3|
|MTH 95||Intermediate Algebra or higher**||4|
|Total Credits (Term 2)||11|