Pathways: Word Processing Certificate (Administrative Support)
This two-term intensive Pathway is designed for students who wish to increase their skills and advance in the field of office administration. Students will complete this training in two terms while earning 26 credits and a certificate.
Students will study a variety of software applications common in today’s dynamic office environment. They will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to create and edit professional business documents, spreadsheets, charts and effective desktop publications such as fliers and reports. With completion of the courses, students are eligible to receive a Word Processing Certificate through the PCC Computer Applications Program.
The next start date is Fall Term - September 22, 2014.
Career Pathways students will also attend a weekly, 3-hour Career Planning course [pdf] in addition to the Computer Applications/Office Systems courses. In the Career Planning course students learn to hone their job search and internship development skills and receive job search support services until they find employment.
For more information on being a Career Pathways student in the next Administrative Support Specialist/Word Processing Pathway, please contact Laurie Chadwick at 971-722-6233.
- Career Pathways students participate in a weekly, 3-hour Career Planning course in addition to their CAS coursework..
- Through the Career Planning course a cohort learning community is developed which students as they pursue employment in office administration support.
- Students earn college credit that may be applicable to the PCC Two-Year Associate of Applied Science Degree -Administrative Assistant.
- This training is on the State of Oregon Eligible Training Providers list (WIA).
- Offered in partnership with the PCC Department of Computer Applications and Office Systems.
Estimated Cost Of Training:
Term 1: $1,834.20
Term 2: $1,866.00
Note: The figures above are based on the 2011/12 PCC fee structure. They are approximations and subject to change without notice.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of a COMPASS placement exam at a PCC testing office with placement into: Writing 121, Reading 115, and Math 20.
- Experience in Windows file management, basic word processing concepts and using the mouse.
- Must demonstrate ability to type by touch - 25 WPM required.
Course of Study
|Course Number||Course Name||Credits|
|CAS 216||Beginning Word||3|
|CAS 170||Beginning Excel||3|
|CAS 122||Keyboarding for Speed & Accuracy||3|
|OS 220||Business Editing Skills||4|
|WFTT 23||3-hour Career Planning course||non-credit|
|CAS 217||Intermediate Word||3|
|CAS 123||Production Keyboarding||3|
|WR 121||English Composition||4|