This one or two term Pathway is designed for students pursuing entry-level work as accounting or bookkeeping clerks. The target wage for General Office Clerks in the Portland metropolitan area is: $10-$12/hr (Source: Oregon's Labor Market Information System, www.qualityinfo.org).
Students gain a theoretical knowledge base in business and accounting while learning practical skills associated with the accounting field. In addition to the course work students can complete a supervised internship which allows them the opportunity to apply their classroom learning to a real life work situation. At the conclusion of the Pathway students receive a training award and are qualified for entry-level work in a broad array of businesses and industries.
- The next start date is Summer Term - June 24, 2013.
For more information on the next Accounting/Bookkeeping Pathway, please contact Laurie Chadwick at 971-722-6233.
- Participate in a three-hour per week Career Planning course.
- Through the Career Planning course, a cohort learning community is developed and supports students as they pursue employment in the accounting/bookkeeping field.
- Earn college credit that may be applicable to the PCC Accounting Clerk Certificate or Associate of Applied Science degree programs.
- Courses in this training are on the Work Source Inc. Eligible Training Program List under Entry Level Accounting Clerk Certificate.
- Offered in partnership with PCC Cascade and Rock Creek Business Administration Departments.
Estimated Cost Of Training:
Term 1: $1,781.60
Note: The figures above are based on the 2012/13 PCC fee structure. They are approximations and subject to change without notice.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of a COMPASS placement exam at a PCC testing office with placement into: Writing 121, No Reading required or completion of Reading 115, and Math 60.
- For information on a free workshop to prepare to take the COMPASS exam call 971-722-6218.
Course of Study
|Course Number||Course Name||Credits|
|BA101||Introduction to Business||4|
|BA111||Introduction to Accounting||3|
|BA131||Computers in Business||4|
|BA228||Computer Accounting Applications||3|
|WFTT23||Career Planning: This course is designed to build a learning community among students pursuing career pathways courses. Students will develop their skills as a student, intern and job seeker. A job search portfolio will be used as an organizational framework for the course.||non-credit|
|Total Credits (Term 1)||14|
|OS131||10-Key on Calculators||1|
|CAS170||Beginning Excel: WIN||3|
|Total Credits (Term 2)||13|