Spring Production - Everyman
By Anonymous. Directed by Patrick Tangredi. Design by Shae Uisna, Jamie Tait, Dan Hays, Erin Gilday
Told with fantastic larger than life puppets (built by PCC's Puppetry class) and set in a wooded world of mystery and intrigue, this 600 year-old play follows the journey of the character "Everyman" who is tasked by "Death" to meet his maker "God" for a reckoning. Stalling for time, Everyman begs for the chance to bring a single companion with him to his death. He tries to enlist his Kin, Cousin, Goods, Beauty, Strength, and 5 wits, but none will follow him to his death. But will his feeble companion "Good Deeds" be worthy enough to follow him to his final reckoning? Come and find out, and see a modern spectacle that reaches across the centuries to tell a timeless tale of humor, struggle, and the indomitable human spirit!
- Auditions will be in the PCC Sylvania Performing Arts Center.
- Auditions are open to all PCC students. Non-PCC students may audition but would be required to enroll in PCC's theatre course TA 180 (see below) for a minimum of 1 credit should they be cast.
- All students cast will be required to register for credit in TA 180 - Theater Rehearsal & Perform in Winter with a range of 1 to 4 credits depending upon time commitment of role.
- Students cast will rehearse during the Spring term:
- Monday and Wednesday afternoons between 2pm and 5pm
- Friday mornings from 9am to 12noon
- Every effort is made to utilize student's time. Students will not be called to a rehearsal unless they are needed, but a student is expected to be present when scheduled.
- Please bring your spring term calendar of work, school and personal conflicts, as a commitment agreement needs to be signed to be considered for casting. Creating a theatre production is a collaborative project and requires commitment.
- The all cast REQUIRED first rehearsal/ read through will be Thursday, March 22, 9am-12 noon. Student's only need to audition on either day of auditions posted and should be available for the first rehearsal on Thursday March 22 from 9am-12 noon.
- Tuesday, March 20, 1pm to 3pm in the Performing Arts Center, Sylvania
- Wednesday, March 21, 1pm to 3pm in the Performing Arts Center, Sylvania
- A note from the director on what he's looking for in auditionees:
- Read the play, (available here) and practice reading aloud. As this play will utilize puppets of all sorts of shapes and sizes, all actors cast will likely play the role assigned and possibly Everyman (the character may be divided among many actors, after all, it's called "every" man, but we'll cast "every woman" as well, of course!) Due to the short rehearsal period, the March 22 rehearsal is crucial so actors can begin their line learning process, as the off book date is the end of the second week of the term.
Rehearsals (aka TA 180 class meetings) will meet starting April 2, running the first 5 weeks of Spring term on:
- Mondays and Wednesdays: 2-5 pm (Please note that not all actors always called on Mon/Wed)
- Fridays 9-12 (Mandatory for all cast!)
Enrollment in TA 180 is only by instructor permission, an audition is required to be cast.
First rehearsal is Thursday March 22nd 9am–12 Noon
Other required dates/times:
- Saturday, April 28, All day
- Monday, April 30, 2pm-8pm
- Tuesday, May 1, 2pm -8pm
- Wednesday, May 2, 3pm-10pm
- Thursday, May 3, 5pm-10pm
- Friday, May 4, 5pm-10pm (Opening Night)
- Saturday, May 5, 5pm-10pm
- Wednesday, May 9, 3pm-8pm
- Thursday, May 10, 9am-1pm (ArtBeat Matinee!)
- Friday, May 11, 5pm-10pm
- Saturday, May 12, 5pm-10pm
- Sunday, May 13, 12-9pm (Closing 2pm matinee/Strike required)
The play will have a running time of 75 minutes and is appropriate for ages 6 and older.
- Friday and Saturdays, May 4, 5, 11, 12 at 7:30pm
- Free ArtBeat Matinee, May 10 at 11am
- Closing Sunday, May 13 at 2pm