Sustainability Resource Pages
Interested in learning more about resource conservation in your major area of study? The following pages will help you discover best practices in your field for energy conservation, watershed protection, and toxics reduction.
- Architecture / Building Construction
- Business / Industry / Marketing
- Climate Change / Biodiversity
- Eco-Careers / Further Education
- Ecological Economics
- Food / Gardening / Nutrition
- Healthy Living / Voluntary Simplicity
- Interior Design
- Landscaping / Restoration / Water Conservation
- Real Estate (Green)
- Social and Environmental Justice
PCC's Library system has a rich collection of materials to help you solve problems associated with contemporary living.
The following services automatically deliver the latest news to your inbox.
- AASHE - National news and resources for campus sustainability
- Sustainable Industries Journal – Northwest stories about economic gain through environmental innovation. This publication is available in the Library; there is also a special subscription offer for students.
- Eco-building Guild - Portland area workshops and events
- GreenClips - Green building news
- Grist Magazine - Humorous environmental news
- Portland Office of Sustainable Development; Green Office Guide
- Portland Development Commission
- Multnomah County
- Metro Region Recycling & Waste Prevention
- Sustainable Oregon
- Federal Network for Sustainability
- Sustainability Educational Resource Database for Instructors - To access syllabi, create a new user account using your PCC e-mail address.
- Education for Sustainable Development Toolkit
- US Partnership for the Decade of Education for Sustainable Development
- Portland State University
- University of Oregon
- Oregon State University
- Lane Community College, Eugene, Oregon
- Cape Cod Community College Environmental Technology Program, Massachusetts
- Nicolet Area Technical College's Sustainability Program, Wisconsin
- University of British Columbia
- Northwest Environmental Education Council
- National Association of College & University Business Officers (NACUBO)
- Society for College & University Planning (SCUP)
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
- University Leaders for a Sustainable Future (ULSF)