eCycle Drive 2013: Computer and Styrofoam Recycling
For information, contact Diane Shingledecker
New This Year:
Hard Drive Destruction Station!
We can remove the hard drive from your computer and destroy it on-site before we have it recycled!
Bring your e-junk to the 6th Annual Computer eCycle Drive! Students, Staff, and Faculty from PCC Sylvania will lead the Computer eCycle Drive - accepting old, unwanted computer equipment and styrofoam and making sure it is responsibly recycled.
- The eCycle drive is a volunteer-driven computer and styrofoam recycling event.
- PCC Sylvania, Parking Lot P10
- Saturday, May 18, 2013
9am to 1pm
- $5 per car, $10 per pick-up, SUV, or Van
(cash only - no large bills, please)
- What to Bring:
- Bring your old computers and accessories, and the styrofoam they came packed in.
- Laptops, desktops, monitors
- Printers, keyboards, discs, etc.
- Block styrofoam
- No TVs or packing peanuts, please
- Our Recycler:
- Computer equipment will be recycled by Total Reclaim
Worried about data security?
All user data on computers we receive will be destroyed before being recycled. For information on data destruction, visit our e-waste recycling partner: Total Reclaim - Secure Data Destruction.
Electronic waste is the fastest growing part of our country's waste stream. Electronics contain both re-usable materials and hazardous waste: dismantling them requires proper facilities and worker protection. However, most electronic waste has been shipped illegally to third world countries, where it is broken down by unprotected workers, poisoning their food and water.
- Resources to learn more about eCycling
- High-Tech Trash, National Geographic - Article focusing on a city in Ghana and the effect e-waste has had on its environment and economy.
The Electronic Wasteland, 60 Minutes - News exposè on electronics "recycling" companies and the Chinese villages they ship their waste to.