The lockdown alarm will sound when the campus is notified of possible shootings in the areas surrounding or on the campus. Each alert is to be taken as an authentic threat and everyone on campus is to carry out the following procedures.
What should I do?
Everyone must seek safe haven and await further instructions.
- If you are inside, lock or barricade access to your area, close blinds, turn off lights and avoid being directly in view of doors and windows and stay as low to the ground as possible. Keep quiet and act as if no one is in your area. Do not open the door for anyone.
- If outside, hide and stay out of view as much as possible. The objective is to have no people visible. This may mean taking shelter in the nearest building or hiding between cars in the parking lot.
There will be many activities taking place during a lockdown event. In addition to seeking safe haven as instructed above, staff will be executing planned procedures to ensure your safety.
- Campus leaders will execute "internal to campus" call down procedures to call by phone all areas of the campus.
- Building coordinators, floor monitors, custodians, public safety officers, and maintenance employees will fan‐out and lock building doors, and encourage people to take shelter.
- Staff in areas with roll‐up doors/truck doors should close and lock those doors.
How do I know when it is safe?
The alert will sound continuously until PCC Public Safety receives the "All Clear". When the alarm stops, students and staff may return to class, work, etc.