Hours of Operation
- Monday-Friday 5:30am to 11pm
- Saturday 6:30am to 10:30pm
- Sunday 7am to 7pm
- Closed Most College Holidays*
*The Public Safety Office observes most college holidays and is closed on those days. In the absence of Public Safety, our contract vendor, First Response, Inc., provides an armed response to any alarm activations within the college district.
For general public safety information, lost and found items, room locks or unlocks, theft reports, escorts, assists, etc., dial x4902 or 971-722-4902 from a telephone outside PCC.
If an emergency should occur, such as crimes, or fights in progress, bombings, or medical emergencies at:
Sylvania, Cascade, Rock Creek, Southeast, and Willow Creek campuses
- Report immediately by telephone (x4444) from any on-campus telephone or 971-722-4444 from an off-campus phone, or
- Use the "code blue" emergency intercom, which will directly connect you to Public Safety, or
- Report in person at the Public Safety Office, or contact any staff member and ask for Public Safety
CLIMB and the Portland Metropolitan Workforce Training Center
- Dial 9-1-1 directly and then notify the communications unit at x4444 regarding the incident.
Standard information the Communications Officer might ask
- The location of the incident
- Is the crime/incident occurring now? Or when did it occur?
- Description of involved vehicles including: Make, Model, Year, Color, License plate number and state
- Descriptions of any suspects: Sex, Race, Height, Weight, Age, Hair Color, Eye Color, Clothing
- Details of the incident: Any weapons? Direction of travel of fleeing suspects? Any injuries sustained?
If the incident involves a medical emergency, routine questions might include
- What is the current status of the patient?
- Is the patient conscious?
- Is the patient breathing?
- What is the age of patient?
- Any medications involved?
- Previously known medical problems or history?
How Public Safety Responds
The Public Safety office will respond by taking the following action(s) as necessary
- Dispatch an Officer(s) to the scene of the reported incident.
- Investigate the incident.
- Take appropriate action(s) to identify, apprehend, and seek prosecution of the person(s) responsible.
- Notify or request the assistance of other law enforcement and/or other agencies when necessary.
- Take action(s) and/or make appropriate notifications.