Study Abroad Programs
971-722-7117 | FAX: 971-722-7576 | email@example.com
1. PCC Credit Options
PCC currently offers a term-length program in Spain. Students remain enrolled in PCC while abroad and receive PCC credit and grades. For details, click on the program link below.
- Intensive Spanish Immersion Program in Spain - Spring 2015
2. Programs Offered Through Dual Enrollment/Co-Admission With PSU
Through PCC's dual enrollment agreement with Portland State University [pdf], PCC students may enroll in any PSU study abroad program for which they meet the eligibility requirements, earn PSU credit which may be applied to PCC degree requirements, and use their financial aid. Contact the PCC study abroad advisor[opens in new window], Ali Garfinkle, to begin the advising and application process for this option.
3. Fully Funded Summer Programs
The following programs are offered to U.S. undergraduate students and are fully funded for selected students - in other words, all program costs (airfare, tuition, housing and meals, and cultural activities) are covered for you if you are chosen to participate! Contact the PCC study abroad advisor[opens in new window], Ali Garfinkle, to find out more about these options and to begin the application process!
- Fulbright UK Summer Institutes: The US-UK Fulbright Commission sponsors 3-6 week summer programs for U.S. first-year and second-year college students to study at universities in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
- In 2015, institute options include Shakespearean theater in London, archaeology in Durham, urban studies in London, art/humanities/design in Nottingham, Irish studies in Belfast, Scottish studies in Dundee and Glasgow, history of the transatlantic slave trade in Bristol, leadership and sustainability in Exeter, and Welsh studies in Cardiff, Bangor, and Aberystwyth.
- Approximately 50 students received scholarships to participate in 2014.
- Eligibility: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and enrolled in a degree program at PCC (students who will complete the Associate's degree during spring term prior to the summer program and intend to transfer to a four-year institution the following fall are also eligible). Minimum 3.5 GPA required.
- Credit: Students receive credit from the hosting UK university. Students may transfer credits earned through this program to PCC and other colleges/universities according to standard transfer credit policies of the receiving institution.
- Deadlines: late February for the following summer
- Critical Language Scholarship Program: The U.S. Department of State sponsors 7-10 week intensive summer language institutes abroad for U.S. students to study critical foreign languages.
- In 2015, institutes will offered in Arabic (in Morocco, Jordan, and Oman), Azerbaijani, Bangla, Chinese, Hindi, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Persian (in Tajikistan), Punjabi, Russian (in Russia and Georgia), Turkish, and Urdu.
- Approximately 600 students received scholarships to participate in 2014.
- Eligibility: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and enrolled in a degree program at PCC. Programs in Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Persian, and Russian require some prior study of the target language; all other programs are open to beginners who have never previously studied the language, as well as more advanced students.
- Credit: Students receive credit through Bryn Mawr College. Students may transfer credits earned through this program to PCC and other colleges/universities according to standard transfer credit policies of the receiving institution.
- Deadlines: early November for the following summer