Scholarships and Financial Aid for Education Abroad
Students should first attend a general education abroad information session to obtain basic information about education abroad funding options. During these sessions, an education abroad advisor will provide an overview of the education abroad program options available at PCC, the application process, financial aid, and the application process for competitive scholarships. General information sessions are held several times each quarter; see the home page for upcoming sessions, or contact Education Abroad at extension 7117 or via email at email@example.com.
Many PCC students are awarded multiple scholarships for education abroad! You can read about the adventures of one PCC student, Rocks Zayda, who was awarded a Gilman and a Fund for Education Abroad scholarship to study in Chile in summer 2015.
All federal and state financial aid can be applied towards any PCC education abroad program, and any program through the Dual Admission/Co-enrollment agreement with PSU.
There are numerous scholarship and aid opportunities available to help you fund your education abroad experience! A number of national and international scholarships specifically designed to support education abroad are available. These scholarships generally fall into one of three categories:
- General Study Abroad Scholarships such as the Gilman Scholarship, which can be applied toward any study abroad program (often providing it meets program length criteria).
- Location/Language/Discipline-Specific scholarships, which usually focus on awarding funds to students focusing on a particular language, going to a particular part of the world, or studying a particular field.
- Provider scholarships, which are open to students studying with specific study abroad program providers.
In addition, there are numerous scholarships that go toward funding your education which can be applied to study abroad opportunities as well.
- PCC Foundation Scholarships can be applied towards any PCC education abroad program that awards PCC residential credit.
- Many private and external scholarships that support PCC students such as OSAC, Ford Family Foundation, and others can be applied towards an education abroad program; check with the scholarship sponsor for details.
If you are interested in applying for any of these opportunities, or for other external education abroad scholarships, contact Education Abroad at ext. 7117 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a scholarship advising appointment.