Safety & Emergency Planning
Rock Creek Bldg. 3, Rm. 223 | 971-722-7535 | FAX: 971-722-7170 | email@example.com
If you experience a health/safety emergency while abroad, you should contact:
- Your Program Director or In-Country Director (given to you on your emergency card at orientation)
- The PCC Study Abroad Emergency number: 971-221-0827
- If there is no answer on the PCC Study Abroad Emergency number, you should call:
PCC Public Safety – 971-722-4444 or the Office of International Education Emergency number: 971-266-9356
Please do not use these numbers for non-emergency calls.
Most students who study abroad do not experience problems that require emergency services or response, but it is important to always keep vigilant on health and safety while living or traveling abroad and keep emergency information available. Both students and their emergency contacts should have these numbers on hand for use during an emergency.
The PCC Office of Study Abroad provides students with health/safety information during advising and all orientations and all students have these and other emergency numbers on one of two emergency cards distributed to them at the orientation before the program. Students are advised to keep one card on their person at all times while abroad, and to give the other to their emergency contact.
Due to FERPA regulations, information about adult students may not be provided to friends or family. Emergency contacts listed on program materials by the participant may be informed about acute incidents, but in most cases, health and safety information is not released without student consent.
Other Emergency Contacts
- U.S. Embassies Abroad
- The US Embassy is a government entity where American citizens can get assistance if they have serious health, financial or legal problems while abroad. Citizens can contact the US Embassy for help with a variety of things such as passport loss, evacuation due to political upheaval or natural disaster, arrest, location of medical services, deaths or missing persons.
- Study Abroad Office: 971-722-7535
- The study abroad office staff is available during normal business hours (Oregon time zone) to help students navigate the experience of studying abroad for non-emergency situations. Staff can assist students by answering questions, providing guidance and information and helping students through challenging academic and personal situations.