The cost of apartment housing accommodations during the program is included in the program fee. Students stay at in twin room, 2-3 bedroom apartments with shared living room, kitchen and bathroom, in the residential Barcelona neighborhood of Modernista Eixample. Each student will share a bedroom, equipped with two twin beds, with one other student, of the same gender, who is participating in the program.
Students are responsible for providing and paying for all of their meals while living in Barcelona, with the exception of a group welcome and farewell meal, which is included in the program fee cost. The cost of food is included in the estimate of personal student expenses included on the program cost breakdown sheet that is posted on the Barcelona, Spain General Education Program Expenses web page.
International Airfare and Airport Transportation
The cost of round-trip airfare between Portland, Oregon and Barcelona, Spain is included in the program fee.
Transportation from and to the Barcelona El Prat Airport is included in the program fee cost, for ONLY those students who arrive on the program pre-arranged flight. On the first day of the program, a courtesy bus, arranged by Barcelona SAE, will pick students up from the Barcelona El Prat Airport and transport them to their respective apartment accommodations. On the last day of the program, ONLY those students who depart on the program pre-arranged flight, will be picked up from their respective apartment locations and transported to the Barcelona El Prat Airport.
Any student who plans to arrive or depart separately from the pre-arranged group flight will not be provided with airport transportation and will not receive a refund for airport transportation costs included in the program fee.
International Health and Travel Insurance
Comprehensive overseas health insurance policies is included in the cost of the program fee.
Students are responsible for providing and paying for the cost of local transportation needs, such as the subway, buses, and taxis.
The following services are included in the program fee:
- A thorough, on-site orientation program consisting or orientation meetings, workshops on cultural differences, safety/security and travel, local area walking tour and a comprehensive student information handbook.
- Comprehensive overseas health insurance for students.
- 24-hour emergency contact service of staff on-site.
- Access to the Barcelona international College (BIC) study center for wireless internet access, computer and printing access, information about the city, personal advising/counseling, fax (academic or emergency purposes) and mail services. Students will have direct printing access during these hours at no cost.
- One hour per week of Spanish language tutoring is available.
- Re-entry workshop, facilitated by Barcelona SAE staff, on the topic of "How to use this Study Abroad Experience to help you get your dream job in the future."
The cost of PCC tuition is NOT included in the program fee. To determine the cost of 12-14 credits of PCC tuition and fees, students can refer to the College Cost Calculator. Students are required pay their PCC tuition or make college-approved payment arrangements by the Summer term payment due date.
- Weekly cultural activities within the city of Barcelona that may be part of the Spanish Life and Culture course, or may be independent of class field trip requirements.
- One day-trip outside of Barcelona to the Dali Museum in Figueres and the medieval city of Girona. transportation, guided visits, entrance fees, and lunch are included.
- Optional weekend excursion to Madrid for the additional cost of $525.00. There must be a minimum of 10 participants signed up and paid to run this excursion.