If you are an F-1 student, you may work on campus as long as you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a full-time student pursuing a full course of study at PCC
- You must have an activated SEVIS Form I-20 from PCC
- You must have a valid, unexpired passport
- You must have an I-94 card that is marked "F-1 D/S"
There is no "waiting period" before you are allowed to accept an on-campus job as long as you meet the above conditions. You may not engage in on-campus employment if any of the following applies:
- You are not registered as a full-time student (or, if working during the summer term, you do not intend to register in the upcoming fall term)
- You have graduated and do not intend to begin a new program at PCC in the next available term
- You are on a medical or academic leave of absence or on academic suspension. You may engage in on-campus employment only when you have resumed full-time studies.
- You do not have valid documents as listed above
- Employment is limited to part-time (no more than 20 hours per week) positions during the school year; full-time (more than 20 hours per week) positions are permitted during official vacation periods
- Your employment may take place at any PCC office or department, or a commercial firm located at PCC that provides direct services to students (e.g., the PCC bookstore)
If you meet all of the above conditions, you do not need to obtain specific authorization from an International Student Advisor.
You will need a Social Security number to work on campus. Please go to Applying for SSN for more information on how to get a Social Security number.
Please know that jobs are not normally advertised. You should ask any department on PCC campus. Wherever you see a reception desk, you may ask if there are Student or Casual Help positions available.
If a department tells you that they do not have any jobs available, ask them when you should come back to ask again.
The Career and Cooperative Education Office on each campus has information on job vacancies, both on campus and off-campus. In addition, the staff members can also assist students in preparing resumes and cover letters.