Application Information for International Students
Priority Application Deadlines
All application documents are due by the following deadlines:
|Term||Application deadline||Orientation Dates||First Day of Classes|
|Outside U.S.||Inside U.S.|
|Fall 2015||Closed||August 11–14, 2015||September 21, 2015|
|August 31–September 4, 2015|
|Winter 2016||October 12||November 2||November 30 – December 4, 2015||January 4, 2016|
*NO TOEFL score is required. All students are required to take an English placement test before registering for classes.
International Application Checklist
Your complete application packet should include the following:
- International Application Form and $50 International Application Fee
The international applicant must submit the international application and $50 non-refundable International Application Fee.
Apply Online Apply with the Paper Application
The international application fee for the online application can be paid only with a credit card (Visa or MasterCard). Please fill out the online application if possible.
Click on the link below to complete the online application form.
The international application fee for the paper application can be paid only with a check or money order. Mail the paper application and $50 application fee to the Office of International Education.
Click on the link below to download and print the application form.
- Academic Transcripts
- Academic transcripts (your grades) must be from your current or most recent school.
- They must be in English, and on the official letterhead/stationary of the school.
- Proof of Financial Resources
- The final balance on bank statements and bank letters must be dated within 6 months of the term you wish to study at PCC.
- Bank statements and bank letters must have a final balance of at least $19,000 USD.
- If you intend to bring your spouse (husband/wife) with you to PCC, you must show an additional $3,500 USD. If you intend to bring your children (son/daughter) with you to PCC, you must show an additional $2,500 USD per child.
- Bank statements and bank letters must be in English. They must be printed on the official letterhead/stationary of the bank.
- The currency must be listed.
- The $19,000 USD must be liquid funds, in a checking or savings account. We do not accept: stocks, capability/solvency statements, retirement funds, trust funds, bonds/certified deposits, or other forms of investments.
- If you will be sponsored by a US citizen or permanent resident, the US sponsor must also fill out and submit the I-134 form.
- Passport Photo Page
- Send us a copy of your passport photo page; the page with your picture, name and date of birth.
- Financial Responsibility Form
- Download the form
- If you are applying with the paper application, this form is on the back of the paper application.
- Health Insurance
- All international students must have health insurance coverage for the duration of their study.
- International students at PCC are required to have PCC international student health insurance.
- Please DO NOT buy health insurance coverage from your home country because it will not be accepted by PCC.
- For more information, please visit our Health Insurance website: http://www.pcc.edu/about/international/student-resources/medical-insurance.html
If you are an international student transferring to PCC from another school in the US, please also submit the following.
- The documents listed above for #1-5.
- Completed F-1 Transfer Information Form
- Copies of your current I-20 form and US visa.
**Transfer Students** BEFORE you can register for classes, the international advisor at your previous school must schedule your SEVIS record to be released to PCC!
International students on F-1 visas who interrupt their studies at PCC and return within one year of leaving PCC, must complete the Re-admission form and submit it with required documentation to the International Admissions Office.
Additional Required documentation may include:
- Current financial documents: dated within 6 months of desired term of admission
- F-1 Transfer information form: if currently enrolled at a U.S. institution
- Official transcripts: only if student attended any other schools since leaving PCC
- Photocopies of current immigration documents including passport photo page, visa, I-94, and I-20 form (if residing in the U.S.)
Submitting Application & Application Documents
Email, mail or fax your completed application packet and application documents to:
Portland Community College
International Education—Rock Creek Campus
17705 NW Springville Rd, Bldg 3 Room 223
Portland, OR 97229
Phone: 971-722-7150 | Fax: 971-722-7170 | firstname.lastname@example.org