Prospective Student Information
Rock Creek Bldg. 3 Rm. 223 | 971-722-7150 | Request for information
Admission Information for International Students
Priority Application Deadlines
All admission documents are due by the following deadlines:
|Term||Out of Country||In-Country (Inside U.S.)||Orientation Dates (Mandatory for ALL new students)||First Day of Classes|
|Summer 2013||April 15||May 24||June 11, 12, 13||June 24, 2013|
|Fall 2013||July 15||August 23||
Session 1 - August 20, 21, 22
Session 2 - September 9, 10, 11, 12
|September 23, 2013|
Application Process & Checklist
Your complete application packet should include the following:
- International Application Form completed by the applicant and $50 non-refundable Application Fee.
Pay application fee with a credit card Pay application fee with a check or money order
If you would like to pay the application fee with a credit card (Visa or MasterCard) you will need to complete the online application form and mail or fax the required documents to the Office of International Education.
Click on the link below to complete the online application form.
If you would like to pay the application fee with a check or money order, you will need to download and fill out the paper application form and mail it with the required documents to the Office of International Education.
Click on the link below to download and print the application form.
- Official academic transcripts from high schools, other colleges, or universities.
- Evidence of financial resources. Submit a bank letter showing adequate financial support for at least your first year of study at Portland Community College (minimum $18,000). Please note, that students may be asked to provide evidence of financial support again, during the duration of study. All documents must be in English and cannot be older than 6 months from the start of term for which you are applying. Funds may be either in English or your country's currency. If sponsored by a US sponsor, the US sponsor must fill out I-134 form and send it along with the application.
- Health Insurance: All international students must have health insurance coverage for the duration of their study. Students are required to purchase medical insurance plan offered by PCC. Please DO NOT buy health insurance coverage from your home country because it will not be accepted by PCC.
*NO TOEFL score is required. Students will take an English placement test during orientation.
If you are an international student transferring to PCC from another school in the U.S or changing your status, please also submit the following:
- Photocopies of current I-20 form, U.S. visa, I-94, and passport photo page
- Completed F-1 Transfer Information Form
**Transfer Students** Your SEVIS record must be transferred by your current school's international student advisor, to PCC, before you can register for classes!
Submitting Application & Application Documents
Email, mail or fax your completed application packet and application documents to:
Portland Community College
International Education-Rock Creek Campus
17705 NW Springville Rd, Bldg 3 Rm 223
Portland, OR 97229
Phone: 971-722-7150 | Fax: 971-722-7170 | firstname.lastname@example.org