2013 PCC Sylvania Juried Student Art Show
The 2012 exhibition is open to any student registered in a Sylvania art class during the past year, beginning Spring term of 2012 to the present. Artists may submit up to 3 pieces in any medium that have been completed during that time. Work must be conceived within the context of a studio art, graphic design, interior design, or digital darkroom class taken at PCC. Work created for professional reasons or work that has been previously submitted or exhibited is not eligible. It is suggested, but not required, that small scale (12”x16” and smaller) 2D work be matted, or framed and ready to hang.
This exhibition will be Juried and all work that is not selected must be picked up at the allotted time!
Enter the Show
Download the Sylvania Student Show entry form and follow the instructions.
Important Dates to Remember
- Drop Off Dates:
- Tuesday, April 30th 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 1st 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thursday. May 2nd 10:00 am - 12:00 noon
- No late work will be accepted. Artwork will be processed as it arrives, which may take a few minutes, so allow time for processing.
- To expedite processing do the following:
- Obtain entry/insurance form at the art office in advance of drop off dates and times
- Fill out and cut out bottom labels
- Affix one label to the upper right corner of the artwork
- Submit artwork and turn in the label and inventory form to the gallery director or art office.
- Jury Date:
- Thursday, May 2nd
- Pick Up Date (work that was not juried):
- Friday, May 3rd 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Exhibition Date:
- May 6th – June 7th, 2013
- Awards Reception:
- Tuesday, May 7th 3-5 PM
- Pick Up Date (exhibited work):
- Monday, June 11th 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, June 12th 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Please make arrangements to pick up work on these days, or have someone do it for you if you are unable to on these days. Work that is not collected will become property of the Gallery. Important: No work will be removed or changed after it has been installed. Under no circumstances will exhibited work be removed before the end of the exhibition dates.
Each artist may submit up to 3 pieces. It is SUGGESTED that small (12”x16” and smaller) 2D work be mounted, matted or framed but it is NOT REQUIRED. Accepted works on paper which are not framed, will be pinned to the wall. Any piece requiring special installation procedures should be delivered with clear type written instructions and appropriate hardware. Any artwork with special installation procedures without instructions and hardware will be hung at the discretion of the gallery or not hung at all, so keep this in mind when submitting your work. Please be aware that jury selection will take place before work is installed, so you may wish to include a photo of the installed work if there is complicated installation involved.
Each piece must have 2 entry labels
- First one affixed to the upper right corner of the back of the piece or in an appropriate location for 3D works.
- Second label, with artist statements, filled out and delivered when presenting your work. (Statements can be typed on a different page with your name and attached).
All work, even work declared “not for sale” must have a declared value in order to calculate insurance rate for the work. No work will have a stated insurance value of more than $250 without permission of the gallery director. North View gallery takes no commission, and prices will not be posted. Any inquiries regarding sales will be referred directly to the artist.
Submission of work to this exhibition constitutes permission to have work photographed and reproduced at the discretion of the Gallery.
- Best of Show Award: $250.00 tuition waiver
- First Place 2D Award: $125.00 tuition waiver
- First Place 3D Award: $125.00 tuition waiver
- People’s Choice Award: $200.00 cash award
- Additional Purchase Coupons
Other gift certificate awards may be given depending upon merchant donor participation. A special Marylhurst University scholarship will also be awarded. Awards will be presented at the Art Beat reception. Winners are encouraged to attend the reception and pick up their awards. If a winner is not present at the Art Beat reception, awards may be picked up in the Visual and Performing Arts and Design division office. Tuition award winners will receive a letter from the PCC Foundation instructing them on procedures for using their waivers. Award winners who are graduating spring term can apply for financial reimbursement.
Contact Mark Smith at (971) 722-8085 or firstname.lastname@example.org