Annual Juried Student Exhibition
2008 Best in Show winner, Tanya Sloan
- May 11 through June 10, 2009
- 8am to 4pm, Monday through Friday
- Reception and Awards:
- Thursday, May 14, 12 noon to 2pm
The 2009 exhibition is open to any student registered in a Sylvania art class during the academic year or previous summer session (Summer 2008-Spring 2009). Artists may submit up to 3 pieces in any medium that have been completed during the academic year. Work must be conceived within the context of a studio art, graphic design, interior design, or digital darkroom classes taken at PCC.
A Note About the Juror
This year’s juror is Rebecca Rockom of Froelick gallery. She holds a BA in Art History and Italian Language from the University of Oregon. Below you will find her criteria for selecting work for a show.
These are all equally important to me when selecting work for an exhibit:
- Workmanship - skill with medium & attention to detail
- Presentation - framing or display, quality of written materials (legible & free of spelling or grammatical errors), consistency
- Concept & originality of work
- Voice - is it true to own self & personal experiences?
- Best of Show Award: 3 credit hours tuition waiver at PCC Sylvania
- First Place 2D Award: 2 credit hours tuition waiver at PCC Sylvania
- First Place 3D Award: 2 credit hours tuition waiver at PCC Sylvania
Other gift certificate awards may be given depending upon merchant donor participation. Awards and special Marylhurst University tuition awards will be presented at the Art Beat reception.