- Cascade Gallery is featuring an exhibition by PCC Cascade Campus Art Faculty and Staff. As teachers of art and working artists, they are practicing in many of the same mediums that are offered at PCC.
- MADE AT CASCADE
Cascade Gallery is featuring the PCC Cascade Campus Student Art Exhibit, MADE AT CASCADE. Art is when it’s made. As the name of this show implies; this group exhibit of work done on Cascade Campus highlights the broad range of the community with an array of techniques and artistic vision.
- Empyrean by Cliff Evans
- Cascade Gallery is proud to present Empyrean a digital installation by leading video artist Cliff Evans. Evans is a multi-media artist whose work focuses primarily on popular and internet culture using appropriation and photomontage animation. Evans digital image montage animations are as mesmerizing as disturbing, as unassuming as complexly beautiful, and as mechanical as organically decomposed or rotten. Evans constructs events and environments which are inaccessible, familiar, historical and contemporary from found online images. The images in Evans video objects are cut and pasted re-appropriated world views.
- Modern Salvage - Guest Curator: Derek Franklin
- This exhibition is about the recent trend of contemporary artists referencing late modernist and formalist art within contemporary works of art. For some time, in art and culture, late modernist ideas have been considered “dead, old hat, or a little worn”, with the constant reemergence of these aesthetics and forms it has us questioning their current meaning.
- Julie Perini, All Julie All the Time
- Cascade Gallery is featuring All Julie All the Time, by Julie Perini, an artist that is socially engaged, event-based and often concentrates on developing experiential processes for projects in video, film, and photographs. Engaged in her daily life Perini records personal moments, re-enactments of little known historical events, play with people and ordinary materials, with easy-to-use consumer cameras, machines that keep her company and extend the reach of her senses. Perini explores the everyday in search of moments of pleasure, wonder, discovery and delight.
- Christopher James Brown, Tooling Around
- Cascade Gallery is presenting Christopher James Brown, Tooling Around, an exhibition of sculptures, paintings, and installation. Brown uses glue, ink and wood to create non objective works of art that are not stuck in the give and take of fine art versus high craft. Brown’s extensive knowledge in furniture making moves such concepts as support, containment, structure, and space to formulate new conjectures of mastery.