On April 18 – 23, PCC will host a week in honor of Latino Culture, advocacy and celebration at the college's Rock Creek Campus. Semana de la Raza features free events that are open to the public, including lectures, music, awards and films.
Monday, April 18
- Raza Kickoff
- Building 9 Event Center, 10am-4pm
- This kickoff event for the 10th Annual Semana de la Raza will involve presentations and workshops on Semana’s history, purpose and journey since it’s inception. Come join us for a series of performances to kick off the week and embrace this year’s theme of transcending borders.
- 10-11am – Presentation: Semana de la Raza through the years
- 11am-12 noon – Workshops: What is Raza and Latinx?
- 12-2pm – Performances: Salsa dancing, Baile folklorico
- 12-2pm – Local PDX food carts will also be serving lunch
Tuesday, April 19
- ¿Tienes talento?
- Building 9 Event Center, 12-2pm
- Got talent? Come show off your skills and compete for a chance to win several prizes. Followed by a performance by a local PDX artist.
Wednesday, April 20
- Latinx Youth Summit
- Building 9, Event Center, 8am-2pm
- Young Raza will join us at PCC for a day of learning, growth and connections. This day is dedicated to empower the next generation of Latinx students with the necessary resources and knowledge about college. Register online by Friday, April 15 at 5pm.
Thursday, April 21
- Trascendencia y cultura through Art
- Building 5 and 9, Event Center, 10am-4pm
- Join us for a series of art exhibits, poetry workshops and performances by young raza from the surrounding community.
- 10am-4pm – Art exhibit by local youth
- 12-2pm – Spoken word poetry workshop and Poetry Slam
Friday, April 22
- PCC DREAMers Fundraising Gala
- Building 9, Event Center, 6-9pm
- The Semana de la Raza committee would like to invite you to join us for the first annual fundraising "Gala". Funds collected will go towards scholarships for undocumented students attending PCC. Please RSVP for yourself and your guests, then purchase your tickets online.
Saturday, April 23
- Los Monólogos de la Vagina
- Building 3, Auditorium, 6pm
- This play in Spanish is a global movement to stop violence against women and girls. The Vagina Monologues generates broader attention for the fight to stop worldwide violence against women and girls, including rape, battery, incest, female genital mutilation and sexual slavery. This is a free event, and donations are highly appreciated. Funds collected will be donated to Los Niños Cuentan Non-Profit Organization.