Sights and Sounds of Art Beat
Come and join in the celebration: May 11-15, 2009
- Featuring images from Isaac Vasquez Garcia's artist talk and a musical performance from Jujuba.
- The video includes highlights of PCC Art faculty Mark Andres and Christopher Knight collaborating on two large multiple-paneled paintings, J.D. Perkin's workshop on the press-mold technique he uses to build his ceramic sculptures and Al Andulus's musical performance.
- More events from art beat, day 2. Includes sounds and images from the Jack Straw music performance, the DIY Lounge's hands-on creation workshop, a Library art tour, and a master dance class instruction.
- A sample of the music and events that started off the 2009 Art Beat week. Includes a clip from the World premiere of featured artist Bryan Johanson's work Fore!, played by the Oregon Guitar Quartet. Also features music and images from the Krebsic Orkestar Gypsy Brass Band.
- In the past, Art Beat has always commissioned a piece of visual art like a painting or a sculpture. This is the first time we've gotten a piece of music. It's an original piece of music for the guitar and in the form the guitar quartet which has recently become popular.
- Once we premier the work, our students will have access to it and will spend years and years learning the different sections of this work. Art students and any student that is in the creative area can't help but be inspired by Bryan's ingenuity.
- There are not a lot of works for the guitar quartet. This very large and substantial work. I've never heard anything like it - it has so many ins and outs and things to discover.
- Art, dancers and music from the 2008 Art Beat.
- Join us for the opening of the student show at the Sylvania Campus gallery.
- Up close during the tango session.
- See the crowds listening to a live salsa performance.
- Exploring questions of life experience.
- The BMM singers perform a cappella during Art Beat.