Envision the Future of PCC
PCC Welcomes President Jeremy Brown
On October 30, Portland Community College welcomed Dr. Jeremy Brown as its sixth president, and celebrated its next chapter as a 21st century community college.
The upbeat ceremony and reception held at the Portland Art Museum—featuring performances by the Jefferson High School Dancers, the PCC Voices of Soul Choir and PCC faculty member and poet Michael McDowell—gave the public and community leaders a chance to learn more about PCC’s important role in our region, and share their vision for the college’s future by participating in multi-media “Flash Forward” activities alongside PCC staff, faculty and students.
KGW reporter Laurel Porter emceed the celebration, which included speeches by Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber and other prominent community leaders, plus PCC faculty, staff and students.
Campus Conversations: Continuing the Dialog
Help envision PCC’s future! Join us for a series of informal discussions about the role community colleges play in the 21st century. At each location, President Brown will lead a panel of special guests in conversation—including PCC students and faculty, plus community representatives and elected officials—then open up the discussion for questions from the audience. All PCC students, faculty and staff are welcome!
- Sylvania: Tuesday, Nov 5, noon –1pm, PAC Lobby. Reception to follow at 1 pm.
- Panel includes: Gregg Meyer, PCC Engineering and STEM Technologies faculty; Victoria Lukich, Executive Administrator for High Schools; Jonmarc Ross, PCC Sylvania student; Greg Madden, President and owner of Madden Fabrication; Dr. John Farnum, PCC Philosophy faculty
- Cascade: Friday, Nov 8, 10:30am – noon, Terrell Hall (Room 122).
- Panel includes: Michael Dembrow, State Representative for Oregon House district 45; Rachel Black Elk, ASPCC District Council President; Dr. James Harrison, PCC History/Humanities faculty; Margaret Calvert, Jefferson High School Principal
- Southeast Center: Monday, Nov 18, 11:30am – 1pm, Mt. Tabor Great Hall.
- Panel includes: Patrick Stupfel, ASPCC President at Southeast Center and Future Connect scholar; Chau Hoang Fossen, Interim Director for PCC's Office of Equity and Inclusion; Kathy Casto, Interim Division Dean and PCC faculty in Developmental Education for reading and writing; Alissa Keny-Guyer, State Representative for Oregon House district 46; Carole Smith, Superintendent of Portland Public Schools
- Rock Creek: Tuesday, Nov 19, 9:30 – 11am, Building 3 Forum.
- Panel includes: Dr. Joel Magnuson, PCC Economics faculty; Joe Gallegos, PCC Diamond Alumni and State Representative for Oregon House district 30; Usha Ramanujam, Department Chair for Business; Maria Cristina Gonzalez Vazquez, ASPCC campus affairs coordinator
- CLIMB Center: Thursday, Dec 5, 9 – 11am, PCC CLIMB Center for Advancement, 1626 SE Water Avenue, Portland.
- Panel includes: Elizabeth King, Executive Director, Organizational Effectiveness, Esco Corporation; State Representative Jeff Reardon; Chris Lyon, Co-owner, Mudshark Studios LLC; Heather Lary, Manager Nursing Education - Regional Nursing Administration; Andrew McGough, Executive Director, Worksystems Inc.
- Downtown Center: Thursday, Dec 12, 2 – 3:30pm; details to be announced.
Flash Forward: Bold. Powerful. Fearless. Proud.
Mouse over each of the images below to picture the future of PCC!