The Cascade Campus Diversity Council is committed to creating a campus environment that fosters the values of diversity by actively educating its campus community in a variety of ways.
To develop and maintain a campus climate that welcomes and promotes respect for the wide variety of human experience.
A commitment to education, civic participation, and economic well-being through innovation and growth driven by diverse perspectives and ideas.
We envision a transformed campus, in which the needs of all people are met and where there is racial, social, and economic justice.
The Problem Statement
The Cascade Diversity Council addresses the problems of racism, sexism, classism, heterosexism and other forms of oppression within our campus community.
- We recognize that these problems cannot be faced in isolation from their broader social context.
- We work to make the campus a model of social justice built on a thriving diversity, so that students, staff, and faculty can effect positive change in the culture and society beyond our campus.
To advance and incorporate diversity into every aspect of activity on Campus, including: student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, community services and events. It is also to bring our observations and recommendations to the attention of the PCC district.
The Cascade Diversity Council endeavors to implement a campus-wide, multi-faceted, comprehensive diversity program that will accomplish the following goals:
- Create a campus environment that welcomes students, faculty, staff and the public from diverse backgrounds
- Promote values and practices that discourage intolerance and discrimination
- Provide opportunities for students, faculty and staff to develop intercultural competency
- Include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extracurricular life of the campus community
- Take proactive steps to increase and retain the representation of people from the diverse backgrounds among students, faculty and staff
- Utilize underrepresented businesses in our purchasing and contracting when possible
- Create partnerships and relationships that are inclusive of all segments of the community