Cascade Campus Diversity Council Statement
(Note: This statement describes the work of the Cascade Campus Diversity Council in its current configuration; an effort is under way to add student representation to the Council.)
The Cascade Campus Diversity Council is committed to creating a campus environment that fosters the values of diversity by actively educating its campus community in a variety of ways. Our efforts include the following:
- Enable staff, faculty and students to challenge organizational norms to increase and create a diverse community.
- Cultivate collaborations that increase awareness and knowledge of diverse communities.
- Encourage skill acquisition that is necessary to serve and support diverse communities.
- Provide support to those around us who purposefully include diverse perspectives and promote educational opportunities to expand cultural competency through coursework and other activities.
- Strive for an inclusive and diverse campus climate and community for the benefit of the campus community and greater society.
Council and non-council staff serve on the following subcommittees:
- Recruitment, Hiring and Retention
Cascade Campus Diversity Council Members
- Michelle Butler
- Sandra Dixon
- Karin Edwards
- Ricci Elizabeth
- Kendi Esary
- Donna Fielding
- Luke Givens
- Michael Heuer
- Gabe Hunter-Bernstein
- Charles Magers
- Keri McCarty (notes)
- Tanya Mead
- Claire Oliveros
- Tanya Pluth
- Abe Proctor
- Linda Reisser
- Chris Rose
- John Saito
- Kelly Schwartz
- Kurt Simonds
- Reba Stephney
- Debbie Stone