Tag Archive for "student feedback"
- Providing timely feedback to students
- This week’s topic may come across as a “well duh” concept, but timely feedback from an instructor is identified over and over as an important way to keep students engaged. Posted November 12, 2013
- Help students monitor progress using Completion Tracking in Desire2Learn
- One key to being a successful online student is the ability to be self-motivated. The asynchronous nature of distance learning means students can miss the kinds of cues that would help keep them on track in a face to face class, such as showing up to a class and having to physically turn an assignment […] Posted October 21, 2013
- Our students prefer consistent navigation and layout in online courses 1
- Our department has been surveying students in Distance Learning courses during Spring term since 2011 about their preference regarding consistency in layout and navigation in online courses. This year, we worked with Institutional Effectiveness to update the survey and changed the wording slightly. The question asked in 2011 and 2012 was “I like having consistent […] Posted September 9, 2013