Tag Archive for "student feedback"
Efficiency or Bust
- Ann Cary discusses the challenge of efficiency in course management and assessment to improve student success.
Posted October 13, 2014
Parking, Mafia humor and your online class
- I’d like to use an issue that erupted a brouhaha on the Sylvania campus group mail over the past week to talk about an easy and powerful way you can improve your online class. If you don’t subscribe to the Sylvania email group, you might be unaware that there has been a lively interaction between […]
Posted February 17, 2014
Providing timely feedback to students
- This week’s topic may come across as a “well duh” concept, but timely feedback from an instructor is identified over and over as an important way to keep students engaged.
Posted November 12, 2013
Help students monitor progress using Completion Tracking in Desire2Learn
- One key to being a successful online student is the ability to be self-motivated. The asynchronous nature of distance learning means students can miss the kinds of cues that would help keep them on track in a face to face class, such as showing up to a class and having to physically turn an assignment […]
Posted October 21, 2013
Our students prefer consistent navigation and layout in online courses
- Our department has been surveying students in Distance Learning courses during Spring term since 2011 about their preference regarding consistency in layout and navigation in online courses. This year, we worked with Institutional Effectiveness to update the survey and changed the wording slightly. The question asked in 2011 and 2012 was “I like having consistent […]
Posted September 9, 2013