Tag Archive for "howto"
Paperless classroom in 5 easy steps
- Paperless Classroom practices can be adapted for your campus based course with 5 easy steps. Learn how it's done by Kathy Casto, an English/Reading/Writing instructor from PCC Southeast Campus.
Posted March 16, 2015
A smorgasbord of strategies
- Recent Faculty Learning Community discussions have created a wealth of ideas for improving your online course, your students' experience, and your own course management.
Posted February 23, 2015
Using BB Collaborate for assessment
- Use BB Collaborate to assess your students and connect with them more personally.
Posted October 27, 2014
PCC offering free MOOC for online educators
- Web Accessibility MOOC for Online Educators (#WAMOE) Registration opens today! Free 5 week course from October 20 to November 22. WAMOE! We are excited to announce that PCC’s Distance Education department is partnering with D2L to offer a free Web Accessibility MOOC for Online Educators (Twitter hashtag: #WAMOE). This MOOC provides educators with practical, hands-on […]
Posted September 29, 2014
Great tips for creating educationally effective audio/video content
- Audio and video instructional materials can enhance your courses, increase engagement, and improve learning outcomes if used effectively.
Posted March 17, 2014
Accessibility Handbooks Available!
- Get a handy guide for making accessible content for your online course.
Posted January 28, 2014
Why apply the new D2L 10.1 look?
- Update your course to use the new navbar and homepage layouts to improve consistency for students.
Posted October 28, 2013
Help students monitor progress using Completion Tracking in Desire2Learn
- One key to being a successful online student is the ability to be self-motivated. The asynchronous nature of distance learning means students can miss the kinds of cues that would help keep them on track in a face to face class, such as showing up to a class and having to physically turn an assignment […]
Posted October 21, 2013
Sharing course materials with students
- Research shows that getting your students to engage with your course materials can improve their outcomes and completion, and the good news is it’s pretty easy to find incredible content that’s easy to include in your D2L course out on the web with a simple Google search. Providing real life context and opportunities to attach […]
Posted October 14, 2013
New videos on creating accessible content in D2L version 10.1
- Supada Amornchat and Karen Sorensen have put together a set of short videos that demonstrate very easy ways to improve the accessibility of the content in your online course using Desire2Learn version 10.1. The videos cover topics such as lists, headings, alt-tags for images, and tables. Each video is under 2 minutes long and will […]
Posted June 4, 2013