Tag Archive for "d2l"
Jot down a quick, accessible equation (or formula)
- Quickly jot down equations by hand and get the cleanly generated MathML or LaTeX version of the equation to paste in to a discussion.
Posted July 21, 2014
Are students exceeding your Quiz time limit and submitting late?
- The way that D2L handles late quiz submissions can be somewhat mysterious. Learn how to make quizzes automatically submit when the time limit is up.
Posted June 30, 2014
The era of mobile learning: a revolution of true anytime, anywhere learning (part 1)
- This is the era where everyone is surrounded by technology. Do you see students around you using their tablets or smartphones to check their emails or do homework waiting at the bus stop? I rely heavily on my phone with my daily schedule and am always checking my messages and emails at least one every hour. There is a rapid rise of students accessing and completing coursework through mobile applications on devices, such as smartphones, tablets, or other devices. It is truly a revolution of true anytime, anywhere learning.
See the growth in users accessing our PCC Desire2Learn (D2L) website with mobile devices vs. computers from Google Analytic data. Learn how to create a mobile-friendly course. It’s the real power of mobile learning, learning at your fingertip.
Posted June 2, 2014
Keeping in touch with your online class using Notifications
- Keeping in touch with your class activities without being logged into your Desire2Learn account is easy with Notifications. By selecting an appropriate setting you can choose the type and amount of updates you receive.
Posted May 27, 2014
Back it up
- Back up your course. An irrefutable best practice.
Posted April 14, 2014
Desire2Learn 10.3 upgrade coming this summer
- See the updates coming to Desire2Learn 10.3, which PCC will be upgrading to in June 2014.
Posted March 4, 2014
Who’s Using the Content Area in Your Class?
- Find out which content your students are viewing in your course with this nifty report.
Posted March 3, 2014
Parking, Mafia humor and your online class
- I’d like to use an issue that erupted a brouhaha on the Sylvania campus group mail over the past week to talk about an easy and powerful way you can improve your online class. If you don’t subscribe to the Sylvania email group, you might be unaware that there has been a lively interaction between […]
Posted February 17, 2014
The Desire2Learn Community
- Connect with a community of other Desire2Learn using faculty, designers, and support staff.
Posted February 3, 2014
Engaging student activity at the beginning of term for your online class
- 3 easy ways to confirm that your students have checked in and participating in the class activities on the first weeks of the class.
Posted December 16, 2013