Tag Archive for "d2l"
To Wrap or not to Wrap, is that the question?
- Improve your page layout by wrapping text around images.
Posted October 6, 2014
PCC offering free MOOC for online educators
- Web Accessibility MOOC for Online Educators (#WAMOE) Registration opens today! Free 5 week course from October 20 to November 22. WAMOE! We are excited to announce that PCC’s Distance Education department is partnering with D2L to offer a free Web Accessibility MOOC for Online Educators (Twitter hashtag: #WAMOE). This MOOC provides educators with practical, hands-on […]
Posted September 29, 2014
Webinar: 104 Best Practices for D2L Technology on Sept. 23rd
- Check out these great tips for using D2L as you start the academic year.
Posted September 16, 2014
Jot down a quick, accessible equation (or formula)
- Quickly jot down equations by hand and get the cleanly generated MathML or LaTeX version of the equation to paste in to a discussion.
Posted July 21, 2014
Are students exceeding your Quiz time limit and submitting late?
- The way that D2L handles late quiz submissions can be somewhat mysterious. Learn how to make quizzes automatically submit when the time limit is up.
Posted June 30, 2014
The era of mobile learning: a revolution of true anytime, anywhere learning (part 1)
- This is the era where everyone is surrounded by technology. Do you see students around you using their tablets or smartphones to check their emails or do homework waiting at the bus stop? I rely heavily on my phone with my daily schedule and am always checking my messages and emails at least one every hour. There is a rapid rise of students accessing and completing coursework through mobile applications on devices, such as smartphones, tablets, or other devices. It is truly a revolution of true anytime, anywhere learning.
See the growth in users accessing our PCC Desire2Learn (D2L) website with mobile devices vs. computers from Google Analytic data. Learn how to create a mobile-friendly course. It’s the real power of mobile learning, learning at your fingertip.
Posted June 2, 2014
Keeping in touch with your online class using Notifications
- Keeping in touch with your class activities without being logged into your Desire2Learn account is easy with Notifications. By selecting an appropriate setting you can choose the type and amount of updates you receive.
Posted May 27, 2014
Back it up
- Back up your course. An irrefutable best practice.
Posted April 14, 2014
Desire2Learn 10.3 upgrade coming this summer
- See the updates coming to Desire2Learn 10.3, which PCC will be upgrading to in June 2014.
Posted March 4, 2014
Who’s Using the Content Area in Your Class?
- Find out which content your students are viewing in your course with this nifty report.
Posted March 3, 2014