Tag Archive for "d2l"
Why are my online discussions so boring?
- Why is it so much harder to facilitate a satisfying discussion online?
Posted December 9, 2013
Why apply the new D2L 10.1 look?
- Update your course to use the new navbar and homepage layouts to improve consistency for students.
Posted October 28, 2013
Help students monitor progress using Completion Tracking in Desire2Learn
- One key to being a successful online student is the ability to be self-motivated. The asynchronous nature of distance learning means students can miss the kinds of cues that would help keep them on track in a face to face class, such as showing up to a class and having to physically turn an assignment […]
Posted October 21, 2013
Direct login to Desire2Learn is here!
- Faculty can now log directly in to Desire2Learn using your MyPCC username and password – just in time for Fall term! Thanks to the work of TSS and some partners, we now have access to Desire2Learn even when MyPCC is unavailable without the hassle and confusion of password resets. What do you mean by “direct […]
Posted September 20, 2013
Mixed Content in Desire2Learn
- Are some of your links no longer loading in Desire2Learn? There’s a likely cause: your web browser. You see, your browser is trying to protect you from “Mixed Content.” Mixed content is a somewhat confusing way of referring to a secure web page (https, like D2L) including content from a non-secure (http) website. We will […]
Posted September 19, 2013
Getting ready for Fall term? Things look a little funny?
- Maybe you forgot about the Summer upgrade of Desire2Learn. That’s the reason your class(es) look different. To begin getting used to the new look, watch the side-by-side comparison videos. (recommended) Other helpful How-To videos: If you have always used the default Homepage and Navbar, Rest easy, they should have upgraded nicely. The new version uses a two […]
Posted September 16, 2013
Our students prefer consistent navigation and layout in online courses
- Our department has been surveying students in Distance Learning courses during Spring term since 2011 about their preference regarding consistency in layout and navigation in online courses. This year, we worked with Institutional Effectiveness to update the survey and changed the wording slightly. The question asked in 2011 and 2012 was “I like having consistent […]
Posted September 9, 2013
Distance Education collaborates with Library
- Distance Education recently collaborated with the Library to build a course widget that connects students with relevant research material using the Library’s curated Subject Guides. The widget will display the name of the course (e.g. Intro to Business) and link directly to the corresponding subject guide, helping students find relevant material in the PCC collection. […]
Posted June 27, 2013
New videos on creating accessible content in D2L version 10.1
- Supada Amornchat and Karen Sorensen have put together a set of short videos that demonstrate very easy ways to improve the accessibility of the content in your online course using Desire2Learn version 10.1. The videos cover topics such as lists, headings, alt-tags for images, and tables. Each video is under 2 minutes long and will […]
Posted June 4, 2013