Tag Archive for "course quality"
Introducing a guide for new and experienced online instructors
- Check out the new What Works Well in Teaching Online at PCC booklet that was created by the Distance Learning Advisory Council with feedback from faculty and staff.
Posted September 28, 2015
Making the most of publisher content
- Finding a text with great ancillaries was a win for me in creating a content rich course and a win for my students in their ability to successfully complete the course.
Posted May 12, 2014
Results from the spring 2013 DL student survey
- See results from the Spring 2013 DL Student Survey.
Posted January 29, 2014
The second Subject Area Accessibility Study starts today!
- The second Subject Area Accessibility Study starts today! We have 3 faculty investigating the best ways to make graphical interfaces and visual information in online courses accessible. Susan Watson from Computer Applications Gayathri Iyer from Computer Science Marc Goodman from Computer Information Systems The study is supported by Instructional Support/Distance Learning, Disability Services and the […]
Posted January 7, 2014
Why apply the new D2L 10.1 look?
- Update your course to use the new navbar and homepage layouts to improve consistency for students.
Posted October 28, 2013
Our students prefer consistent navigation and layout in online courses
- Our department has been surveying students in Distance Learning courses during Spring term since 2011 about their preference regarding consistency in layout and navigation in online courses. This year, we worked with Institutional Effectiveness to update the survey and changed the wording slightly. The question asked in 2011 and 2012 was “I like having consistent […]
Posted September 9, 2013