Tag Archive for "course management"
D2L Mooc for effective practices using the learning environment
- Learn more about the D2L Learning Environment and some effective practices from this free online MOOC.
Posted April 7, 2015
Using small data
- Forget big data. Use small data like class access or quiz scores to improve student learning through the learning analytics cycle.
Posted March 9, 2015
What do you think about online course materials sharing?
- Steve looks at the merits and demerits of course sharing to kick off a conversation with the larger college.
Posted February 9, 2015
Who’s Using the Content Area in Your Class?
- Find out which content your students are viewing in your course with this nifty report.
Posted March 3, 2014
Providing timely feedback to students
- This week’s topic may come across as a “well duh” concept, but timely feedback from an instructor is identified over and over as an important way to keep students engaged.
Posted November 12, 2013
Help students monitor progress using Completion Tracking in Desire2Learn
- One key to being a successful online student is the ability to be self-motivated. The asynchronous nature of distance learning means students can miss the kinds of cues that would help keep them on track in a face to face class, such as showing up to a class and having to physically turn an assignment […]
Posted October 21, 2013
End of summer 2013 tasks
- We’ve put together a great guide that will walk you through end of term tasks for instructors. The guide covers adjusting access dates, backing up courses, submitting grades and more. Then, when you’re all done, you can check out our equally useful guide for getting ready for the Fall term.
Posted September 4, 2013