Tag Archive for "content"
Introducing a guide for new and experienced online instructors
- Check out the new What Works Well in Teaching Online at PCC booklet that was created by the Distance Learning Advisory Council with feedback from faculty and staff.
Posted September 28, 2015
Image and video use recommendations for online courses, part 2
- Michael Moss shares some tips for managing and archiving images when you are using them in online courses.
Posted September 15, 2015
Image and video use recommendations for online courses, part 1
- Part 1 of 3 on posts about use of images and video in online courses with specific recommendations that help you manage media and select options that compliment but don't compromise your content.
Posted August 24, 2015
How we read differently on the web
- Peter discusses two things he's learned about writing for and reading on the web related to instructor responses and size and length of text blocks.
Posted June 22, 2015
Online Presentations Made Easy
- Economics instructor and faculty mentor Rondi Schei talks about options for making presentations more engaging, including which tools she uses for her online classes.
Posted May 11, 2015
Massive Data & Video Engagement
- Learn from MOOCs about media use and engagement.
Posted April 27, 2015
What about Font?
- Jim Johnsone talk about typesetting for your online content.
Posted April 13, 2015
Regional OER Conference coming to PCC
- OER Regional Conferences: Registration Open – for immediate release Be a champion! Use open resources to reduce student costs Open Educational Resources – materials that are freely available on the web or in the library – benefit students immediately through cost savings and can be a great vehicle for faculty looking for new ways to […]
Posted February 10, 2015
The era of mobile learning: a revolution of true anytime, anywhere learning (part 2)
- Would you like to access Desire2Learn from your mobile devices, such as an iPad, iPod/iPhone, Android, and Blackberry? Learn what you can actually do and what apps are currently available to use.
Posted December 8, 2014
Screen reader users are standing by…
- Have a PCC Accessibility technician review your course with a screen reader to make sure the content is available to students using assistive technology (AT).
Posted July 28, 2014