Tag Archive for "content"
Online Presentations Made Easy
- Economics instructor and faculty mentor Rondi Schei talks about options for making presentations more engaging, including which tools she uses for her online classes.
Posted May 11, 2015
Massive Data & Video Engagement
- Learn from MOOCs about media use and engagement.
Posted April 27, 2015
What about Font?
- Jim Johnsone talk about typesetting for your online content.
Posted April 13, 2015
Regional OER Conference coming to PCC
- OER Regional Conferences: Registration Open – for immediate release Be a champion! Use open resources to reduce student costs Open Educational Resources – materials that are freely available on the web or in the library – benefit students immediately through cost savings and can be a great vehicle for faculty looking for new ways to […]
Posted February 10, 2015
The era of mobile learning: a revolution of true anytime, anywhere learning (part 2)
- Would you like to access Desire2Learn from your mobile devices, such as an iPad, iPod/iPhone, Android, and Blackberry? Learn what you can actually do and what apps are currently available to use.
Posted December 8, 2014
Screen reader users are standing by…
- Have a PCC Accessibility technician review your course with a screen reader to make sure the content is available to students using assistive technology (AT).
Posted July 28, 2014
The era of mobile learning: a revolution of true anytime, anywhere learning (part 1)
- This is the era where everyone is surrounded by technology. Do you see students around you using their tablets or smartphones to check their emails or do homework waiting at the bus stop? I rely heavily on my phone with my daily schedule and am always checking my messages and emails at least one every hour. There is a rapid rise of students accessing and completing coursework through mobile applications on devices, such as smartphones, tablets, or other devices. It is truly a revolution of true anytime, anywhere learning.
See the growth in users accessing our PCC Desire2Learn (D2L) website with mobile devices vs. computers from Google Analytic data. Learn how to create a mobile-friendly course. It’s the real power of mobile learning, learning at your fingertip.
Posted June 2, 2014
Making the most of publisher content
- Finding a text with great ancillaries was a win for me in creating a content rich course and a win for my students in their ability to successfully complete the course.
Posted May 12, 2014
Back it up
- Back up your course. An irrefutable best practice.
Posted April 14, 2014
Who’s Using the Content Area in Your Class?
- Find out which content your students are viewing in your course with this nifty report.
Posted March 3, 2014