Tag Archive for "content"
The era of mobile learning: a revolution of true anytime, anywhere learning (part 2)
- Would you like to access Desire2Learn from your mobile devices, such as an iPad, iPod/iPhone, Android, and Blackberry? Learn what you can actually do and what apps are currently available to use.
Posted December 8, 2014
Screen reader users are standing by…
- Have a PCC Accessibility technician review your course with a screen reader to make sure the content is available to students using assistive technology (AT).
Posted July 28, 2014
The era of mobile learning: a revolution of true anytime, anywhere learning (part 1)
- This is the era where everyone is surrounded by technology. Do you see students around you using their tablets or smartphones to check their emails or do homework waiting at the bus stop? I rely heavily on my phone with my daily schedule and am always checking my messages and emails at least one every hour. There is a rapid rise of students accessing and completing coursework through mobile applications on devices, such as smartphones, tablets, or other devices. It is truly a revolution of true anytime, anywhere learning.
See the growth in users accessing our PCC Desire2Learn (D2L) website with mobile devices vs. computers from Google Analytic data. Learn how to create a mobile-friendly course. It’s the real power of mobile learning, learning at your fingertip.
Posted June 2, 2014
Making the most of publisher content
- Finding a text with great ancillaries was a win for me in creating a content rich course and a win for my students in their ability to successfully complete the course.
Posted May 12, 2014
Back it up
- Back up your course. An irrefutable best practice.
Posted April 14, 2014
Who’s Using the Content Area in Your Class?
- Find out which content your students are viewing in your course with this nifty report.
Posted March 3, 2014
Accessibility Handbooks Available!
- Get a handy guide for making accessible content for your online course.
Posted January 28, 2014
Publishers and the (in)accessibility of their online materials
- Educational content must be accessible to all students. What does accessible mean, and what questions should I ask my publisher?
Posted November 18, 2013
Why apply the new D2L 10.1 look?
- Update your course to use the new navbar and homepage layouts to improve consistency for students.
Posted October 28, 2013
Sharing course materials with students
- Research shows that getting your students to engage with your course materials can improve their outcomes and completion, and the good news is it’s pretty easy to find incredible content that’s easy to include in your D2L course out on the web with a simple Google search. Providing real life context and opportunities to attach […]
Posted October 14, 2013