Tag Archive for "best practice"
Back it up
- Back up your course. An irrefutable best practice.
Posted April 14, 2014
Best Practice? A BEST way to teaching something to everyone?
- Reflection on the phrase "Best Practice" and how it relates to good practice, smart practice, continuous improvement, and the role of our department and this blog.
Posted April 9, 2014
Who’s Using the Content Area in Your Class?
- Find out which content your students are viewing in your course with this nifty report.
Posted March 3, 2014
Parking, Mafia humor and your online class
- I’d like to use an issue that erupted a brouhaha on the Sylvania campus group mail over the past week to talk about an easy and powerful way you can improve your online class. If you don’t subscribe to the Sylvania email group, you might be unaware that there has been a lively interaction between […]
Posted February 17, 2014
Using a syllabus quiz to reinforce course expectations
- Use a syllabus quiz to reinforce understanding of course expectations.
Posted February 10, 2014
Accessibility Handbooks Available!
- Get a handy guide for making accessible content for your online course.
Posted January 28, 2014
Interquest: Stand-Out Practices in Course Design
- Taking a glance at the best practices work of one of our colleagues at Oregon State who’s philosophy class, “Interquest” won Blackboard’s 2013 Catalyst award for exemplary course.
Posted January 13, 2014
Engaging student activity at the beginning of term for your online class
- 3 easy ways to confirm that your students have checked in and participating in the class activities on the first weeks of the class.
Posted December 16, 2013
Going beyond quizzes as the traditional learning assessment
- You can use quizzes beyond the traditional learning assessment. Using the Quizzes tool, you can increase students' participation in class with better preparation, review difficult concept which students missed using the quiz report, provide opportunity for your students to practice for upcoming tests and exams, and gather relevant data to assess students' progress.
Posted December 2, 2013
Choosing Due Dates
- The due dates you set for your course can have a significant impact on student success.
Posted November 25, 2013