Tag Archive for "best practice"
Massive Data & Video Engagement
- Learn from MOOCs about media use and engagement.
Posted April 27, 2015
Did you caption your video? Do you need to?
- Distance Ed. has changed the requirement for faculty to caption their own videos. Read more about the change and how Distance Ed. and Disability Services are here to support you and your students.
Posted April 21, 2015
New Encryption Algorithm for Student Records
- Distance Education is rolling out a new service to use a new encryption algorithm to protect student records.
Posted April 1, 2015
Using small data
- Forget big data. Use small data like class access or quiz scores to improve student learning through the learning analytics cycle.
Posted March 9, 2015
More than chicken scratch: the benefits of hand-written work in an online class (and some apps that assist!)
- Math faculty Ann Cary discusses the benefits of, and methods to support using hand-written work in an online class.
Posted March 2, 2015
Presidents with Disabilities
- In honor of Presidents Day, Karen looks at which past U.S. Presidents had disabilities, and suggests ways to help make that opportunity available to your students.
Posted February 16, 2015
Be Brave. Be Bold. Tweet!
- Social media is over hyped for sure. But used wisely it really can keep your D2L course fresh, current & fun. Why not give Twitter a try to complement your class content and boost student engagement?
Posted November 17, 2014
- Enjoy free beer in your online class, assuming that BEER is Beautifully Engaging Education Resources. Monica looks at some excellent tools for finding open and engaging content in your course.
Posted November 3, 2014
Using BB Collaborate for assessment
- Use BB Collaborate to assess your students and connect with them more personally.
Posted October 27, 2014
Faculty Learning Communities for online instructors
- Join a faculty learning community to connect with other online instructors.
Posted October 20, 2014