Tag Archive for "best practice"
Screen reader users are standing by…
- Have a PCC Accessibility technician review your course with a screen reader to make sure the content is available to students using assistive technology (AT).
Posted July 28, 2014
Jot down a quick, accessible equation (or formula)
- Quickly jot down equations by hand and get the cleanly generated MathML or LaTeX version of the equation to paste in to a discussion.
Posted July 21, 2014
Are your online learners adult learners?
- We who teach – especially those of us who teach online – are sometimes unaware of the assumptions we make about our students. Take the following quiz to check on some of your own assumptions: True or false: My students need to know why they need to know something before they will learn it. True […]
Posted July 15, 2014
Are students exceeding your Quiz time limit and submitting late?
- The way that D2L handles late quiz submissions can be somewhat mysterious. Learn how to make quizzes automatically submit when the time limit is up.
Posted June 30, 2014
Making the most of publisher content
- Finding a text with great ancillaries was a win for me in creating a content rich course and a win for my students in their ability to successfully complete the course.
Posted May 12, 2014
An opportunity for self-reflection
- Use the QM Self Review tool to reflect on your course design.
Posted May 5, 2014
Back it up
- Back up your course. An irrefutable best practice.
Posted April 14, 2014
Best Practice? A BEST way to teaching something to everyone?
- Reflection on the phrase "Best Practice" and how it relates to good practice, smart practice, continuous improvement, and the role of our department and this blog.
Posted April 9, 2014
Who’s Using the Content Area in Your Class?
- Find out which content your students are viewing in your course with this nifty report.
Posted March 3, 2014
Parking, Mafia humor and your online class
- I’d like to use an issue that erupted a brouhaha on the Sylvania campus group mail over the past week to talk about an easy and powerful way you can improve your online class. If you don’t subscribe to the Sylvania email group, you might be unaware that there has been a lively interaction between […]
Posted February 17, 2014