Tag Archive for "best practice"
Finding non-engaged students (and imposters)
- Use the Class View of the User Progress tool to get a view of student activity during the first week to identify students who are struggling, and maybe even an imposter!
Posted June 30, 2015
How we read differently on the web
- Peter discusses two things he's learned about writing for and reading on the web related to instructor responses and size and length of text blocks.
Posted June 22, 2015
Online Presentations Made Easy
- Economics instructor and faculty mentor Rondi Schei talks about options for making presentations more engaging, including which tools she uses for her online classes.
Posted May 11, 2015
Using Intelligent Agents
- Learn more about intelligent agents in D2L
Posted May 5, 2015
Massive Data & Video Engagement
- Learn from MOOCs about media use and engagement.
Posted April 27, 2015
Did you caption your video? Do you need to?
- Distance Ed. has changed the requirement for faculty to caption their own videos. Read more about the change and how Distance Ed. and Disability Services are here to support you and your students.
Posted April 21, 2015
New Encryption Algorithm for Student Records
- Distance Education is rolling out a new service to use a new encryption algorithm to protect student records.
Posted April 1, 2015
Using small data
- Forget big data. Use small data like class access or quiz scores to improve student learning through the learning analytics cycle.
Posted March 9, 2015
More than chicken scratch: the benefits of hand-written work in an online class (and some apps that assist!)
- Math faculty Ann Cary discusses the benefits of, and methods to support using hand-written work in an online class.
Posted March 2, 2015
Presidents with Disabilities
- In honor of Presidents Day, Karen looks at which past U.S. Presidents had disabilities, and suggests ways to help make that opportunity available to your students.
Posted February 16, 2015