Tag Archive for "best practice"
Webinar: 104 Best Practices for D2L Technology on Sept. 23rd
- Check out these great tips for using D2L as you start the academic year.
Posted September 16, 2014
10 free eLearning audio and video tools for teachers
- There are many really useful Audio and Video tools that you can find for free or that might already be on your computer. This article lists 10 free Audio and Video applications, and I explain some pros and cons of these applications.
Posted August 18, 2014
The power of choice in the online classroom
- Allowing students to use "Open Inquiry" to explore course-related math concepts has improved student understanding, allows students to chose activities that fit their need, and it has improved rapport in the online class.
Posted August 11, 2014
Screen reader users are standing by…
- Have a PCC Accessibility technician review your course with a screen reader to make sure the content is available to students using assistive technology (AT).
Posted July 28, 2014
Jot down a quick, accessible equation (or formula)
- Quickly jot down equations by hand and get the cleanly generated MathML or LaTeX version of the equation to paste in to a discussion.
Posted July 21, 2014
Are your online learners adult learners?
- We who teach – especially those of us who teach online – are sometimes unaware of the assumptions we make about our students. Take the following quiz to check on some of your own assumptions: True or false: My students need to know why they need to know something before they will learn it. True […]
Posted July 15, 2014
Are students exceeding your Quiz time limit and submitting late?
- The way that D2L handles late quiz submissions can be somewhat mysterious. Learn how to make quizzes automatically submit when the time limit is up.
Posted June 30, 2014
Making the most of publisher content
- Finding a text with great ancillaries was a win for me in creating a content rich course and a win for my students in their ability to successfully complete the course.
Posted May 12, 2014
An opportunity for self-reflection
- Use the QM Self Review tool to reflect on your course design.
Posted May 5, 2014
Back it up
- Back up your course. An irrefutable best practice.
Posted April 14, 2014