Planning classes and degrees
You can complete most or all of the requirements for several degrees and certificates offered by PCC through distance education courses.
Consult with the appropriate department and an academic advisor to develop an academic plan. To assist you in planning, degree worksheets are available from advising offices, or the distance education office. You can also print them off from the University Transfer page.
Featured degree and certificate information
Earning certificates through distance
- Distance Education Certificate Programs
- Most PCC professional/technical programs offer one or two-year certificates to students who complete their course of study with a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
- Specific courses applied to the certificate
- Specific courses required for each certificate program, including any General Education requirements, are listed under their appropriate programs in the PCC Catalog.
- One-Year Certificate Restrictions
- At least 12 credits must be earned at PCC, and 9 of them must apply to the certificate requirements. The final 9 credits that apply to the certificate must be earned at PCC.
- Two-Year Certificate Restrictions
- At least 24 credits must be earned at PCC, and 18 of them must apply to the certificate requirements. The final 9 credits that apply to the certificate must be earned at PCC.
- Only 9 credits of 199 and 299 Special Topics courses will apply.
Note: If the courses you need are not offered at PCC, you may take them from other Oregon colleges and have the credits transferred to PCC.