Resetting a quiz attempt
When a student has reached the maximum number of quiz attempts, an attempt must be deleted (or reset) in order for the student to take it again.
- Who is this for: Online Instructors
- What is required: A quiz with an attempt that has been submitted or is in progress
Step 1: Go to the Grade area for the quiz.
- Go to the Quizzes tool and locate the quiz for which you would like to reset an attempt.
- Click the Action menu and select Grade.
Step 2: Search for the attempt to be deleted
- Make sure the Users tab is selected at the top of the page.
- You can sort the users alphabetically by first or last name by clicking First Name or Last Name at the top of the list. The student’s attempts will be displayed below each student’s name.
- If the attempt is still not shown, you may need to change the Restrict to setting to another status and click the Search button above.
Step 3: Delete the attempt
- Check the box to the left of the attempt you would like to delete.
- Click the trash can icon at the top of the list.
- Click Yes to confirm deletion of the attempt.
- Click the Close button at the bottom of the page.