Releasing final grades to students
This is an important step that must be done in order for students to see their Final Calculated Grade or Final Adjusted Grade. It is usually done at the end of the term.
- Who is this for: Online Instructors
- What is required: A Desire2Learn course with student scores entered in the grade book
- Go to the Grades area.
- Click on Enter Grades at the top of the page.
- Under the Final Grades column heading, click the Action menu next to Final Calculated Grade or Final Adjusted Grade (the default is Final Calculated Grade) and select Grade All.
- Select the students whose final grade you would like to release by checking the box to the left of their names and click the Release/Unrelease button at the top or bottom of the list.
If you want to release the grades for all students, click the Action menu next to Final Grades and select Release All. Click Yes on the confirmation window.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page and click Yes on the confirmation window.
- Click Grades from the navigation bar and verify that there is an eye icon next to the grade item, indicating that final grade is released.