Release a quiz score after end date
In Submission Views you can set up more than one set of conditions. The default view releases only the quiz score. You can set up a second condition, based on date, to release any or all of the quiz question options. Preventing students who take the quiz early from sharing their results with others because they have seen which questions they missed.
- Who is this for: Online instructors
- What is required: A Desire2Learn course and a Quiz already created
Step 1: Evaluating the default submission view
- Click on the title of the quiz you want to work with.
- Click on the Submission Views tab.
- The default Submission View is designed to release only the score. You will want this view to be active.
Step 2: Setting up an additional view
You can create an additional view that will allow students to see which questions they got right or wrong. This can be set up to override the default view after the date the quiz closes.
- Click Add Additional View.
- Name this view (e.g., “release questions“).
- Set the date you want this view become active. This date will probably be shortly after the quiz cutoff date.
- Click Yes for Show Questions.
- Choose the options under Show Questions you want this view to have.
- Save View.
- On this new Submission View date, students will automatically have access to the quiz results.
- In subsequent terms, you would need to adjust the date of your personal Submission View.